Saturday, November 18, 2023

II Corinthians 4:7-18 - "In The Hands of the Potter"


Yesterday was another 'tough' day physically but God blessed me throughout the day in so many ways. He gave me another day of life to not only experience His love but have opportunities to share it. I remember thirty years ago when I was going through the diagnosis of MS I was distraught over not being able to be with people as much as I was used to being. I thought my ministry was done but was blessed when He used me to make telephone calls to encourage people when I could once again use the phone. I remember days of exasperations when I lost my vision for a couple weeks and wondered what life would be like if that was my new normal. Yesterday I thought a lot about what the future holds. I wondered if 'c' will be a part of it and if it is, what it will entail. Most of all I wondered about how to glorify God through everything. This morning I had a message my friend Mel sent to me last night with a song Casting Crowns sings called "In The Hands of The Potter." I was so excited when I saw her message because I woke with the words to a similar song going through my mind. "You are the Potter, I am the clay." Wow, God! 

My world is breaking me, Your love is shaping me
And now the enemy is afraid of what You're making me
And as I fall apart
Come flood this desert heart
Fall like the rain, Living Water
And I know Your way is best
Lord, help me find my rest
And I'll be the clay
In the Hands of the Potter

These songs took me to Paul's writing in II Corinthians 4 starting with verse seven. He wrote about how when we allow God to shape us, He will empower us. In the process He will be glorified through all. Verse eight in The Passion Translation speaks volumes to me. At times we don't know what to do, but quitting is not an option. My Daddy was good at encouraging me to never quit when times got tough but instead lean into God's strength more. Paul's words in verse sixteen remind me of something my Daddy would say. So no wonder we don’t give up. For even though our outer person gradually wears out, our inner being is renewed every single day. Praise His Holy Name for this blessing! I am so grateful to have God in my life to not only lean into but to be empowered by. I am grateful for people such as Doug, Mel, my neighbor Sharon, June, and so many more who speak life over me and pray for me. I am grateful there are only two more days until I see the doctor at MUSC. It may mean more testing before anything is accomplished but we will be one step closer to having resolution. I am going to stand on Paul's words found in verses seventeen and eighteen as I continue to be in this 'waiting room' of life. We view our slight, short-lived troubles in the light of eternity. We see our difficulties as the substance that produces for us an eternal, weighty glory far beyond all comparison, because we don’t focus our attention on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but the unseen realm is eternal. Amen! These words to this song remind me to keep my focus on eternity no matter what is going on here on this earth.

Through the sunshine or rain, I know where my hope is found
What You started in me, I know You will complete from the inside out

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that You pour down over me every day! Thank You for Doug, Mel, my neighbor Sharon, June, and so many others who encourage me greatly through You! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for not only myself in this 'waiting room' but for so many others in a similar situation to be empowered by You. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam Thank You in advance for calming down the tingling in my face/head this morning! Thank You for being My Potter! Amen.

No comments: