Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Romans 12 - "Blessings"

We went to bed at 10:12 last night. I was awake at 12:12, 2:12, 4:12, and then got up at 6:12. That is so weird to think about. The first thing I did when I got up was do a google search on the number 12 in the Bible. The site I went to said it represented completeness or fullness. It gave examples from the Bible to support this. Twelve tribes of Israel, twelve apostles, and the twelve foundation stones in the New Jerusalem were given. It also spoke of how the number twelve can represent God's authority and power. This is read about with the twelve plagues of Egypt and the twelve gates of the New Jerusalem. I went onto read about the number twelve in numerology as being a sign of completion and harmony. It is made up of the two perfect numbers of six and three and is a symbol of balance. The number twelve is a symbol of entirety and perfection. Romans 12:12 is a powerful verse Paul gives us. No matter what we go through on this earth, we can have joy in our spirit because we have hope in Christ. Perfection in our spiritual life comes when we trust God no matter what is happening in our physical, mental, emotional, financial, or relational aspects of life. Paul begins chapter twelve with these words from the New International VersionTherefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. I want to be ...a living sacrice, holy and pleasing to God... The way to fulfill this role in my life is to be follow the words in Romans 12:12. I read this verse in different translations this morning. The Passion Translation reads, Let this hope burst forth within you, releasing a continual joy. Don’t give up in a time of trouble, but commune with God at all times. I love these words! ...continual joy is a state of being I desire to live in. Most times I am successful yet when my focus is pulled away from God it can be a struggle. I find it so interesting that Romans 12 has been part of our weekly challenge for the last few weeks at church. God brought out more insight once again and for that I am grateful. I must admit I wasn't happy to wake every two hours during the night but whatever God wants to use to teach me I will embrace. As my husband says, 'there is always nap time!' I am going to settle into Romans 12:12 with more intention in this 'waiting room' of life. I was grateful when God opened the door yesterday for my appointment with the gynecologist oncologist in Charleston to be moved up a week. I also am grateful for less pain in my back. Yesterday my physical therapist was amazed at how well my back is doing. It's all God! I am grateful for every opportunity He gives me to glorify Him. This morning I am reminded of a song from years ago called "Blessings" and soaking in the knowledge He continues to bless me in this 'waiting room'. These words remind me it is only through God's mercy that I am where I am today. 

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, grace, and mercy! Thank You for waking me throughout the night at twelve minutes after the hour which took me to Romans 12:12 this morning! Thank You for Doug being so in tune to my needs that he drove me to PT yesterday even though it wasn't the plan! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through difficult days to find Your blessings today. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Continual Joy! Amen.

No comments: