Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Romans 12:9-12 - "Gratitude"

Some days are so much harder than others. Seeing people in physical pain hurts my heart but when they do not have the hope of the Lord it really hurts. If they would only realize God's love, their hurts may not necessarily lessen but they would be easier to get through. Once again this morning the Lord has Romans 12:12 on my heart. The Lord has me pondering upon Paul's words from verse nine through verse twelve from The Passion Translation. This section of Scripture is entitled "Transformed Relationships." Paul encourages us in verse nine to love one another at all time and to be real in our relationships. We are encouraged to, Be devoted to tenderly loving your fellow believers as members of one family. Try to outdo yourselves in respect and honor of one another in verse ten. Verse eleven is one I'm struggling with as I deal with physical issues. Be enthusiastic to serve the Lord, keeping your passion toward Him boiling hot! Radiate with the glow of the Holy Spirit and let him fill you with excitement as you serve Him. It is hard to keep my focus on anything right now but I know I must be focused on Him so He will be glorified through all I do and say. I must lean into Paul's words in verse twelve. Let this hope burst forth within you, releasing a continual joy. Don't give up in a time of trouble, but commune with God at all times. The Lord woke me with the song "Gratitude" this morning....

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

I'm struggling with praising Him with all that is going on. I must continue to find reasons to praise Him because they are with me every day. I woke up to another day of life. I have hope in Him which encourages me to keep putting one foot in front of the other. He is not only my Heavenly Daddy but He is my friend and encourager. He is ready to accept my hallelujah's when I raise them up to Him which is a blessing. He desires my focus to be on Him and empowers me to keep on the right track with Him. I stood on Romans 12:12 yesterday more intentionally and will do so again today. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. I do not like the word patient because thirty plus years ago when I prayed for patience God allowed MS to come into my life. I soon learned a lot of lessons on patience during that time. As we are in this 'waiting room' right now I must allow God to work in and through me so He will be glorified. I must allow Him to be empower me so He will be my focus. Some days are just so much harder than others while on this earth but I must remember I will not always be here but instead with Him for eternity in heaven. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for conversations with Pastor Tom and Cheryl, Pastor Loretta, and most of all the way You continue to use Doug to encourage me! Thank You for my short visit with Marion! Thank You for my Momma not being here to fret over all that is happening in our family! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Continual Joy! Amen.

No comments: