Thursday, November 16, 2023

Joshua 1:9; Philippians 4:13; II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Heaven Help Me"


Last night in Bible study we were studying John 11. This chapter has the story of Lazarus. Mary and Martha believed yet had doubts. They blamed Jesus for their brother dying saying if He would have been there he wouldn't have died. We talked about how it is human to have doubts and the Lord understands our doubts. It doesn't mean He likes them but He understands them. I woke this morning with the thought, 'Four more days.' I am not one to wish my life away but I will be glad when Monday's appointment gets here. I was thinking about what I desire from that appointment. Answers. A game plan of action. Could God give those now? Of course He can but as of right now He has us in this 'waiting room' for a reason. I truly believe that reason is for Him to be glorified through us. How do we handle days like yesterday where I was in bed all afternoon? How do we handle the nausea not getting much relief from the medicine prescribed? How do we handle the stress in our home right now? The way we accomplish each one of these things will determine if He is glorified or if the enemy is given an open door into our lives. I was so disappointed when I tried to go for a walk yesterday and only made it a few blocks. I was disappointed with sleeping so much yesterday. But the thing I was not disappointed in was the encouragement I received last night when our small group met together. One said so many times she finds herself saying, 'Help me!' to the Lord when she feels like she doesn't know what to do. This morning the song "Heaven Help Me" is on my mind and encouraging me to cry out to Him when I feel like I'm at the end of my rope.

When I don't understand
When I don't I think I can
I know You have a plan
Heaven help me
Heaven help me
Help me, help me
'Cause I can't walk this road alone
And I can't do this on my own
Tell me, tell me
I just need to hear You say
That everything will be okay

Yes! He is there to help us every single moment of every single day. He is there to empower us to stand strong when the enemy comes knocking at our door. He is there when life seems to be crumbling around us whether it be a physical issue, a breakdown in a relationship, an emotional break-down, etc. I am so grateful for the promises in His Word that encourage me to lean into Him. These promises are not only for 'tough' days but for 'good' ones too. They are for the disappointing days when we feel like we can't go on. We do not have to fear anything but instead need to allow God to empower us through whatever comes our way (II Timothy 1:7). We do not have to do anything on our own strength but instead need to lean into His strength (Philippians 4:13). We do not have to make any decision on our own but instead need to trust Him with aspect of life (Proverbs 3:5-6). We do not have to fight any battles alone but instead need to bask in the knowledge He is with us everywhere we go (Joshua 1:9). This picture of my Daddy and I was taken when I was in high school. It's one I treasure greatly. My earthly Daddy loved me so much and showered me with his love. He lived a life pouring out God's love on all he met. I strive to be like him and my Momma to live out a great faith so God's love can pour out of me too.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for bringing Doug into my life! I am so grateful for all he does for me especially in this 'waiting room' we are in right now. Thank You for Amy, Andy, and Ms Carol who encouraged me greatly last night! Thank You for there only being four more days until my appointment at MUSC! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many in 'waiting rooms' in life. May they find Your strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Help! Amen.

No comments: