Thursday, November 2, 2023

Philippians 4:6-7; Joshua 1:9; Isaiah 41:10 - "That's The Thing About Praise"

Yesterday was a day full of blessings from start to finish in the midst of great pain. I was privileged to speak at the widow's tea at Praise Assembly Church in the morning. Before speaking I walked around and prayed for each woman who would be there. After praying around the chairs I walked around the perimeter of the room. God brought the song "This Is The Day" to my heart as I walked and prayed. After we ate Cathy led us in songs with this chorus being one of them. Woo hoo, God! I had an opportunity to talk and pray over one of my friends from the group before speaking. One of the things God brought to me to add to my devotion was to share my 'waiting room' experience. That was not in my plan but when Marie mentioned being in a 'waiting room' I knew it was God's confirmation. I was blessed with the ladies praying over me at the end of our time. The afternoon was spent at the church resting, working on the Veteran's Day gifts, and studying for last night. Throughout the evening Andy reminded more than once to speak/think positive words. I was grateful for that reminder with all that is going on in my life. During the study the reminder for God to be glorified in all we do and say was brought out. Once again, I am grateful for this reminder. Sometimes life can be tough and we struggle with thinking normally. We struggle functioning normally when we deal with pain. But we must always remember God is with us no matter what. His Word tells us in Hebrews 5 that He will never leave us. We are told in Isaiah 41:10 that He will strengthen us. Joshua 1:9 tells us He will be with us wherever we go. These are promises of His I stand on. I am encouraged by Paul's words in Philippians 4:6-7. They read in the English Standard Version: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Paul's instructions are ones we need to follow every day but especially when we are struggling to stay focused on God. We do not need to worry but instead pray. God will give us exactly what we need to get through every day. One widow shared yesterday she doesn't just take one day at a time but some days she feels like she is taking one minute at a time. That is how life is but thankfully God is with us. He uses 'tough' times to teach us lessons, strengthen our faith, encourage us through others, etc. He brought the song "That's The Thing About Praise" to me to remind me to continue to praise Him through the physical pain. I thought about how Blessing Offor is blind since childhood yet is writing and singing for the Lord. The words to this song take on a deeper meaning when thinking about his life. My pain is nothing compared to what some people go through. 

Sometimes the only way through it is a hallelujah
(The only way through it is a hallelujah)
Sometimes the only thing to do is just to give it to You
(The only thing to do is just to give it to You)
And though my troubles shake me
I know they will never move You
Sometimes the only way through it is a hallelujah
(Hallelujah)
That's why I say hallelujah
Hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the blessing of yesterday from start to finish! Thank You for Doug taking Mr. Jack to his appointment! Thank You for all the people You put in my path yesterday to encourage me! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Hallelujah! Amen.

No comments: