Thursday, November 23, 2023

II Chronicles 20:15b - "You've Already Won"

Yesterday felt more normal than most days of late. We had errands to run in the morning and had a short walk at the Sands in the drizzle. We stopped to drop off little gifts to a few friends which blessed me in abundance. A nap in the afternoon before making some of the Thanksgiving food was much needed. Seeing the sunset and having dinner with Wayne and Betty was very nice. Receiving a call from my son Ben last night was the ending to a great day. I am so thankful for all these. This morning receiving an email that my surgery was approved by the insurance company is another blessing. Yesterday as I made my Momma's cranberry salad/dessert I thought about how I am thankful for memories. No matter if we have good or bad memories we need to be thankful for them. Some people have lost that aspect of life. I am thankful both my parents left this earth with a sound mind. There were times my Momma would forget things but for the most part she did well. When we first found out about the 'junk' in my female organs, Doug and I talked about what we would do if it was 'c' and how we would do life differently. We've had conversations before this about what would we do if we knew we only had a certain amount of time to live. I told Doug I would make memories for those I would be leaving behind. I would take more pictures, send more cards, etc. Most of all I would want to make sure I stayed focused on God so I didn't miss any opportunity He put before me. We never know when our last breath on this earth will be taken. I want to make sure when that happens I will step into the arms of Jesus. I also want to share Him with others in a manner that will encourage them to desire to live with Him for eternity. One thing I must remember as I wait for January 2 is to never stop praising God for all He does in my life. As I reflect on 2023 there were many mountains of joy and valleys of hurt and sorrow. Losing my Momma from this earth brought joy in my heart that she is no longer suffering but also brought anguish in my soul as I miss talking with her. I am so thankful God brought Doug into my life before she died. There were two things she wanted to see before leaving this earth. One was for me to get married again and the other was for her house to be sold. Thankfully God provided both of these to happen. The battles we go through on this earth are not ones we have to fight alone. God is always there for us. Even when we feel like we do not have the strength to carry on we need to praise Him for His presence and empowerment. We need to praise Him for the knowledge of II Chronicles 20:15b. ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.' Praise His Holy Name! I love the song "You've Already Won"...

I'm fighting a battle
That You've already won
No matter what comes my way
I will overcome
I don't know what You're doing
But I know what You've done
I'm fighting a battle that
You've already won
I know how the story ends
We will be with You again
You're my Savior my defense
No more fear in life or death
I know how this story ends

Doug said in a recent conversation life is a 'win-win' situation when we live for the Lord. We win if He leaves us on this earth to make more memories and love with His love and we win if He takes us to heaven. The part of this song that says, I know how this story ends is so true. We don't know all of the chapters of our book but when we know Him we know the ending. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with dropping off gifts to friends, a nap, the opportunity to make food for today, seeing the sunset, dinner with Wayne and Betty, and most of all having the opportunity to do life with Doug! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Father, comfort those who are hurting. I pray for many who are alone on this holiday to have someone reach out to them. I pray for those who are distraught over finances, relationships, etc. to find Your peace. I pray for those who are struggling physically to lean into Your strength. Father, be very close to Mallory as they await the birth of their baby girl. I pray for You to be close to those who are missing someone at the dinner table this year whether it be the first year or several years. I pray Your love over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Pam and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Story Maker! Amen.

No comments: