Monday, November 20, 2023

Esther 4 - "Gonna Be Alright"

Circumstances disappoint...people disappoint...life disappoints. Thankfully God never disappoints. He puts things in our path to take our faith deeper and give us more opportunity to lean into His strength. He also knows what we are going through before we even go through it. He is such an awesome God. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him and pray for more people to realize His love in such a manner. God took me to the story of Esther this morning. There is one part of verse fourteen that I stopped to ponder upon. ...for such a time as this... Esther was and orphan raised by her Uncle Mordecai. When she married, her husband did not know she was a Jew. Mordecai encouraged her to request her husband to have mercy on the Jews but Esther was afraid to do so. Mordecai wanted her realize her purpose on this earth could have been to save the people. I find it interesting before she made any decision on what to say to her husband she prayed and fasted. Not only did she pray and fast but she asked others to do the same. Esther wanted to make sure she not only knew the Lord's will but knew how she was to live it out. That is exactly what I want in life. I desire to live out God's will in the manner He so desires. That sometimes means not making people happy with my words or actions but God is the only One that needs to be made happy. Esther stood up in her faith by doing God's will. This could have taken her life but instead her honoring God brought her more life. Esther's story encourages me greatly to continue to seek His will in every circumstance. It encourages me to know when to speak and when to be silent. Her story encourages me to remember God is in control and knows what is best for me. The words to the song, "Gonna Be Alright" are on my mind this morning...

Everything's gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
You hold me Your arms
Until my storm is calm
Everything's gonna be alright, hmmm
Everything's gonna be alright

Yes it is! No matter what today's apointment holds, it's gonna be alright. No matter who I make happy and who I don't make happy on this earth it's gonna be alright. No matter who I disappoint it's gonna be alright. I am thankful for this knowledge as I start another day of life on this earth. I know when I live in His will I will not only live with Him her but for eternity when I leave this earth. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Sunday School, Morning Worship with communion and Pastor Loretta anointing me, lunch with my church family, football with Doug, and our boat ride with Wayne and Betty! Thank You for another day of life! Cleanse me so You can fill me so the day is full of me speaking life over people. I pray for many going through difficult days to receive Your peace. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Purpose! Amen.

No comments: