Monday, November 13, 2023

Psalm 34:18-20; Philippians 4:13 - "Goodness of God"


Yesterday after having my quiet time with God and getting my shower the song "Goodness of God" came on. What a blessing this song is to me! I stood in the living room worshiping God and allowing Him to speak through this song.

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Yes! God has always been faithful to me. He has been with me through some 'junk' in life no one should have to go through. When some people hear my story, they question God loving me yet allowing things to happen. God gives us free will. Sometimes people do things not of Him even when they are His children. Sometimes people are not His children so they don't understand what they are doing. I am so thankful to be a daughter of the King. I am thankful for the ways He pours His love over me day after day even when I do/say things not of Him. I am thankful for the promises of His Word that encourage me to continue to put one foot in front of the other even when my physical strength is gone. I am thankful for the way He encourages me through these days with this nasty nausea. I am thankful He is right here in this waiting room with Doug and I. I am thankful He gives me peace in the midst of the storms of life. He provides calmness when the 'What if?' questions come into our minds. No one knows how long they will be on this earth. Someone who appears perfectly healthy may die from a heart attack because it was their time to die. An important key is where we will spend eternity. As we live for Him on this earth we have the promise of eternity life with Him. Woo hoo! Sometimes I pray selfishly and ask Him to take me home with Him. He then reminds me He will do so in His time but I still have work to do on this earth. Sometimes I whine about being tired of fighting physical battles and He reminds me I do not have to anything on my own strength (Philippians 4:13). Sometimes I lament over the things people say/do and He reminds me I can't save everyone but I do need to be a right example for them. I was reading this morning in the book of Lamentations. Jeremiah's weariness was great as he struggled with God's judgment over the Israelites. He had to be real so people would see God's strength in him. I need to be as Jeremiah. I need to allow God to work in and through me so people see His strength in me. I need to rest in Him as He restores my physical body. When I do, He will be glorified through me. I am standing on Psalm 34:18 in this waiting room of life. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. I feel like I just want to run away but that is not only not possible but it is not what God desires of me. Instead He wants to be my strength so people will see my hope is in Him. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Your love You pour down over Doug and I every day! Thank You for my church family and friends who check on me, encourage me, etc.! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for so many going through difficult days to allow You to work in and through them. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Bodyguard! Amen.

No comments: