Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Psalm 46:10 - "To Not Worship You"

Distractions on this earth can take away our focus from what truly matters and that is God. Physical pain can be a distraction. Financial distress can be a distraction. Problems in relations and emotional distraught can be distractions. The thing we must remember is no matter what is happening it is no surprise to God. He woke me during the night and again this morning with the words to a song Mercy Me sings called "To Not Worship You" on my mind.

You're the one
You're the one who
Makes the mountains move
Stars will not shine
Unless You tell them to
Tell them to
Conquered the grave
To make all things new
So who am I
Who am I
To not worship You

Yes! We need to worship Him no matter what is happening in life. Why? Because He is worthy of our worship. When the doubts come upon us, we must dig into our faith deeper. Questioning God is a great way to stretch our faith but we cannot allow the enemy any open door to take our faith away. Busyness of life can also be a distraction in our life. The world encourages busyness. God encourages stillness. When we are still before Him, we are empowered to not only hear His voice but to walk in obedience to His Words. The more intentional we are of being still the more we will experience hearing Him. Another gift when we are still before Him is knowing what He desires of us. As we focus on Him more intentionally we will get our focus off of ourselves which will bless us in abundance. In the beginning of my health issues He spoke, 'Rest in me' over me one morning. It takes being still to rest in Him. It takes allowing Him to be in control over aspect of life to rest in Him. If I truly desire to worship Him, I will walk in obedience to Him. Worship is not just about raising our voices in song but it is about raising our whole being to Him in surrender. I personally need to get better at this.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Jack getting home! Thank You for using Doug and I to be here for them! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May I get better at worshiping You. I pray for those going through difficult days to rest in You. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Rest! Amen.

No comments: