Thursday, June 22, 2023

Isaiah 24; Ephesians 6; I John 2 - "You Are My King (Amazing Love)"

I love our Wednesday night Bible study. I enjoy preparing for it but I especially enjoy the discussion we have together. God's word is full of richness. It is full of truths that empower us to live today even though it was written so many years ago. Our study in the book of Isaiah can be very disheartening at times as we study of the destruction that has happened and yet to come. My heart breaks to think of people in my own little world who are not in relationship with the Lord. It breaks for those who know Him yet are not living for Him. At the end of our study last night we talked about the armor of God from Ephesians 6. We all  shared which piece of armor we use the most daily. Ephesians 6:15 speaks of and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. We know peace is an attribute of the Lord we can receive as we live with Him in control of our life. It is one of the fruit of the Spirit spoken of in Galatians 5:22. In studying the word peace I found in Greek it means 'oneness or wholeness.' Gospel means 'good news' which is the forgiveness of our sins. When we ask for forgiveness, we receive salvation. Salvation gives us access to oneness with God through Jesus. That oneness gives us peace. As we stand in the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace we will stand firm when the enemy tries to tear us down. We will have empowerment from the Holy Spirit to stand firm against anything the world tries to put upon us. It is important to stay in His Word and on our knees to be empowered so we can stand firm in His strength. The enemy tries so hard to tear us down. He tries to tear families apart and put people against people. The 'secret' to not allowing such things to happen is found in relationship with God. There will still be times when we feel defeated but we do not have to stay in such times. Times when it seems like one thing after another continues to happen will still occur but when we are strong in our faith such times will be easier to handle. We must remember we do not have to handle anything on our own strength but instead need to stand firm in God's strength. God's love is realized to a deeper degree as we stand in His strength. I love John's words in I John 2:3-6 in The VoiceWe know we have joined Him in an intimate relationship because we live out His commands. If someone claims, “I am in an intimate relationship with Him,” but this big talker doesn’t live out His commands, then this individual is a liar and a stranger to the truth. But if someone responds to and obeys His word, then God’s love has truly taken root and filled him. This is how we know we are in an intimate relationship with Him: anyone who says, “I live in intimacy with Him,” should walk the path Jesus walked. As we walk in Jesus' strength we will walk as He did while on this earth. The more we strive to be like Him the more we will have His attributes. The more we have His attributes the more people will see/hear Him through us. I woke up with the song "You Are My King (Amazing Love)" on my mind this morning and feeling very blessed with the knowledge Jesus loves me so much that He died for me to live. The purpose for me to live is to share His love with all I meet. I can do this with words easily but as Ms. Carol said last night the way people see us live is more effective. John continues in I John 2:24-25: Let the good news, the story you have heard from the beginning of your journey, live in and take hold ofyou. If that happens and you focus on the good news, then you will always remain in a relationship with the Son and the Father. This is what He promised us: eternal life. I desire to live as John writes of in these words so I can live for eternity with God. I also desire to share the Good News so more people can live for eternity with Him. 

I'm forgiven because You were forsaken,
I'm accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the way You were present in our Bible study last night! Thank You the rain stopped for a bit yesterday morning so Doug and I could go for a walk and last night so we could go for a drive! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he waits to start chemo; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Eternal Maker! Amen.

No comments: