Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Psalm 37 - "Amazing Love You Are My King"

I woke up during the night and again this morning with the song "Amazing Love" on my mind. God's love is so amazing! He gives us the desires of our heart as we live for Him. 

Amazing love how can it be?
That my king would die for me
Amazing love I know it's true
Its my joy to honor you
In all I do
I honor you

These words make me question how well I truly honor Him. Do I honor Him "In all I do" as the song goes or do I fall short? I know I strive to live as He desires but I also know I am human and fall short at times. Psalm 37 is a Psalm of wisdom David wrote. It was applicable to the time he wrote it and it is applicable today. We read in the first few verses of how it is wise to follow God and not people. Verse three tell us to trust Him and do what He desires of us. Fix your heart on the promises of God, and you will dwell in the land, feasting on His faithfulness. Woo hoo! These words remind me of what I said at Ms. Bev's memorial service. She had victory in death by living for God in life. We need to all strive for such victory. Verse seven is key to live by in our busy world. Quiet your heart in His presence and wait patiently for Yahweh... Throughout this Psalm David speaks about the 'wicked' and about wickedness that can creep into our lives. Throughout his writing he reiterates that such people will be destroyed. I pray for those who blatantly do evil to have a softening in their heart. I also pray for their actions to not pull down believers. Sometimes in my humanness it is hard to pray for such people but then God reminds me I do not want to see anyone go to hell. David writes of the secret to living for eternity with God in verse twenty-seven. If you truly want to dwell forever in God's presence, forsake evil and do what is right in His eyes.  Woo hoo! Yes! I love verse twenty-nine. The faithful lovers of God will inherit the earth and enjoy every promise of God's care, dwelling in peace forever. These words are so precious to read but even more precious to embrace. A life with God is such a blessing. Doug being reunited with his nephew Chris has been a precious gift from God. I loved watching them embrace for the first time after so many years and see the tears fall. Listening to them catch up on each other's life, watching them interact, seeing same mannerisms, etc. have been a gift to me. I love seeing God work in our lives and am so blessed. The last twenty-four hours have been so full of blessings.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your amazing love that continues to bless Doug and I over and over again! Thank You for this time with Jenny and Chris! Thank You for opening doors that need opened and shutting those that need shut! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his surgery; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he receives biopsy results today; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and Nikki. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My King! Amen.

No comments: