Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Psalm 107 - "Into The Sea (It's Gonna Be OK)"

Last night as we walked at the Rookery and the Sands the dark clouds were over us. They reminded me of the storms of life we go through. There is a physical tropical storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico by the name of Bret. I pray it does not turn into a full blown hurricane. I do not remember a hurricane season beginning this soon. I am thankful I have Doug with me for this season if we have to evacuate in the months ahead. The clouds also reminded me of a dear friend whose response to my text asking about her husband's surgery was, 'We need a miracle.' Oh how I remember saying those same words many times with Doc's cancer. My mind turned to little ones who have cancer, seizures, etc. who also need a miracle. Doug and I have the conversation many times about how it is hard to not ask God, 'Why?' in such situations. It is easy to doubt God is still with you in such times but praise God He never leaves us. He takes the storms of life...whether weather related, physical, emotional, etc....and takes our faith deeper. Our trust becomes greater as we go through 'storms' in life. We realize His love to a greater depth as we lean into His strength. I am thankful for this knowledge for myself and for those who are in relationship with Him. Psalm 107 is one that encourages us to praise God for His love. The Psalmist gives many examples throughout his writing of what God does for us. I love verses twenty-nine through thirty one that speak of God calming the storm. Sometimes God calms the storms of life right away and other times it takes time. Sometimes He calms the storms in ways we desire and other times not. No matter how He does it we must know it is what is best for all involved. We must learn to praise Him not only through the storms of life but especially after they are over. Sometimes even when it seems they are over there are still repercussions. The memories after a loved one passes creep down our face in the form of tears. The loss of a relationship hits hard at times to the point you just feel like you can't go on but in reality you know you can with God's strength. There are times when one wave hits after another you feel like you are drowning but we must always remember God is our lifeguard and is there 24/7 to save us. He loves us so much. My son Paul sent the song "Into The Sea (It's Gonna Be OK)" to me right after Doc left this earth. It encouraged my heart greatly and continues to do so when storms come...

Though the mountains may be moved into the sea
Though the ground beneath might crumble and give way
I can hear my Father singing over me
"It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK"

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with safe travel for Doug and I, our visit with Marion, and our walk last night! Thank You for reminding me You are always here to love on me through the storms of life! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your calmness over many going through storms in life. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he waits to start chemo; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and Nikki. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Lifeguard! Amen.

No comments: