Monday, June 12, 2023

Psalm 79 - "The Way (New Horizons)"

The Lord directed me to Psalm 79 this morning. This Psalm is an example for all to follow when dealing with the 'junk' of life. It begins with a lament or a complaint followed by prayer and finally a praise. That is the cycle that empowers us to be who God desires of us. Instead of wallowing in misery we need to voice our concerns. As we do this God will bring to light enlightenment with His wisdom on what to do. He takes us to the place in the situation where we can realize praying is the answer. One thing we must remember with prayer is it is two-way communication. We must not only pour our heart out to God but we also need to be quiet and listen to Him. We must be willing to change our ways when He tells us. Our minds need to be open to what He tells us if we want to be successful in the situation we have before us. After He shares with us we must be willing to go forward in the manner given. We must be willing to walk through open doors and accept closed doors instead of manipulating circumstances. The result of such action is praise. When I took this picture Saturday at the beach, I thought many people would not see the meaning in it as I do. The number three represents God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God the Father directs me as He loves me. Jesus the Son is there for me as He loves me. The Holy Spirit empowers me as He loves me. I strive to live in communion with all three 24/7. I was thinking this morning about how all three persons are mentioned in the Great Commission that God laid upon my heart for our church. Matthew 29:19 tells us we are to baptize in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. This shows not only the way they are distinct people but the importance of all three. Every time I see something in threes it reminds me of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is crucial for all to live with all three aspects of God. I am reminded this morning of a song Pat Barrett sings called "The Way (New Horizons)" and feeling blessed. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all the way, the truth, the life as this song says. They are all we need in life. I strive to help people to understand the concept of how we live on this earth determines where we live for eternity. I don't want to see anyone go to hell. I desire to see all come into relationship with Jesus. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my husband Doug who loves me well! Thank You for the opportunities You put before me to love with Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; Sue with the loss of her husband; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam and for Dee's granddaughter! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Thank You for being My Father, Son and Holy Spirit! Amen.

No comments: