Saturday, June 24, 2023

Matthew 7:24-27 - "God You Are"

God woke me up to a song We Are Messengers sings called "God You Are" which blesses me in abundance. 

It's in the empty tomb
It's on the rugged cross
Your death-defying love
Is written in Your scars
You'll never quit on me
You'll always hold my heart
Cause that's the kind of God You are

A synonym for 'death-defying is bold. Another one is determined. I consider God's love for us both bold and determined. He never gives up on us even when we stray away. His love is there at all times to encourage us in both 'good' days and 'tough' days. I am so thankful for His love and can't imagine not having Him in my life. Yesterday when we were at the beach I walked past the sand wheelchairs and immediately the tears came. My Momma and I had a blast when she came down to visit five years ago. She loved being pushed on the beach even though it was windy and a bit nippy. Seeing the wheelchairs reminded me of the day her and I went to Hilton Head. We had such a good day making memories. I am thankful for those memories but I also am sad there will be no more memories made. This week I had a day when I thought about how many times I trimmed her toenails so she wouldn't have to go to the podiatrist. Last night as I was eating popcorn it hit me I will never have her homemade chocolate popcorn again. It seems like every time I turn around I have another memory creep in. Once again, I'm thankful for the memories but goodness sometimes they hurt so deeply. I am thankful for the way God blessed me for sixty-one plus years with my Momma. I am thankful for both the 'good' and the 'tough' days we had together which showed me how to love and trust God more. Darren Mulligan wrote of this song:

“Jesus in His humanity delighted in joy. And He surely delights in ours and the abundant life He’s promised us. But He through His great sacrifice on the cross has also demonstrated that He’s shared in our sorrows and has completely removed every obstacle that would keep us from God. We’ve all drifted pretty far from His shore at times and all needed rescue. His salvation is the port and Jesus is the vessel that rescues us from the wild seas of separation from God.”

Yes! God has rescued me over the years from some 'junk' no one wants to go through. He also rescued me many times I felt like I was drowning. Yesterday when we were at the beach the waves were large. Watching people out in the water is something I like to do and as I was doing that yesterday I watched the sand going in and out with the waves. I thought about how sand is washed in and out to shore just as we are in life. The 'waves' of life toss about but God is always there as our foundation. He is there in the storms of life to love us through them. The parable of building your house on the rock or the sand came to my mind yesterday as I watched the water. Matthew 7:24-27 reads in The Voice

Those people who are listening to Me, those people who hear what I say and live according to My teachings—you are like a wise man who built his house on a rock, on a firm foundationWhen storms hit, rain pounded down and waters rose, levies broke and winds beat all the walls of that house. But the house did not fall because it was built upon rock. Those of you who are listening and do not hear—you are like a fool who builds a house on sand. When a storm comes to his house, what will happen? The rain will fall, the waters will rise, the wind will blow, and his house will collapse with a great crash.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for a break in the rain for Doug and I to enjoy the beach yesterday afternoon! Thank You for being with Andy and his family today as they gather to celebrate Katelyn's life! So many people have lost loved ones these last few months. May we all hold onto the memories You gave us with them. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be heard/seen through my actions, attitude, thoughts, and words. I pray Your peace over many who are hurting. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he waits to start chemo; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Foundation! Amen.

No comments: