Sunday, June 18, 2023

Joshua 1:9 - "Only Jesus"

Today is a day that can be very hard for many. Father's Day. I pray pastors will be sensitive from the pulpit for those who will struggle to have a 'Happy Father's Day' as they will hear many times throughout the day. I pray for those who are fathers yet estranged from their children or have lost children to receive an abundance of God's love. May those who live away from their father have a good conversation with them. My earthly Daddy showed his love to me every day. I was so blessed by him and my Momma being my parents. I know not everyone has such a blessing and I pray for them to lean into God's love even more on days such as this. Casting Crown's song "Only Jesus" is on my mind this morning...

And I, I don’t want to leave a legacy

I don’t care if they remember me

Only Jesus

And I, I’ve only got one life to live

I’ll let every second point to Him

Only Jesus

Yes! My Heavenly Father loves me so much and blesses me in so many ways. Yesterday was the seven year anniversary of moving to Beaufort. What a blessing that move was and continues to be. Yesterday after Doug and I got some things done around the house we did errands including some shopping. He is such a blessing God has given me. His love for me goes beyond comprehension at times. I am so blessed by the knowledge God promised him and then brought him to me. I also am blessed with the knowledge as we plant seeds wherever we go people will have the opportunity to know Jesus in a personal relationship. The more we live being the hands and feet of Jesus the more people will experience His love. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly through Doug! I pray special blessings over my boys as they celebrate Father's Day. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for those hurting today to feel Your soothing balm down upon them especially those who have lost their father or a child whether it be to death, estrangement, addiction, etc. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days on this earth. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his surgery; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; the Long family; Becky; Russ; Nikki; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Thank You for being My Heavenly Daddy! Amen.

No comments: