Monday, June 19, 2023

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Fingerprints"

Yesterday's sermon reiterated God's love for me. I know He loves me so much and am so blessed by that knowledge. He was with me yesterday afternoon as I ministered to a family with the loss of their loved one. The hurt is fresh in my mind from the loss of my Momma a couple weeks ago. I wasn't sure how I would do getting through the service but once again God was my strength. I was surprised I didn't even have a breakdown of tears. It made me think about how Doc shared many times with me the importance of allowing God to be in control when faced in emotional circumstances as a pastor. I remember one time when Marlene was in the ER and I was with Doc. I started to fall apart as I watched my friend in such pain. He took me out into the hall and told me I was not there as her friend but as her pastor. She did not need to see me fall apart but needed to see God's strength in me. I am thankful for God's wisdom he had as he mentored me. Yesterday's service was a privilege for me to do for this precious family. I knew I needed to allow God to speak through me and He did. I also knew I needed to allow His love to flow from me and it did. Woo hoo! I know God's fingerprints are all over me as I allow Him. I also know it is only through His strength yesterday was accomplished. Church, memorial service with fellowship afterward, rest time, and ending the day celebrating my friend's Elizabeth's birthday was a full but very blessed day. I love the song "Fingerprints" and what it means to me...

Open your eyes to the signs all around you
Hope is alive and it's living inside you
All creation testifies it
The more you seek the more you'll find it
Love, love
Healing broken hearts
You see chains
Fall apart
You see hope rise from the dark
It's so much more than ordinary
It's nothing less than extraordinary
No
It's the fingerprints of God

Bremnes wrote of this song: “So many of the things we once considered extraordinary, we now consider ordinary. Think of all the things that you hoped, wished or prayed for years ago that you now have. This could be a job, a house, the city you live in, a spouse, or your children,” Bremnes offers. “The truth is, we’re surrounded by the extraordinary, and sometimes, we just have to open our eyes to realize it.” Yes! God gives hope and love to all who will embrace Him. He heals broken hearts every day and takes care off situations we cannot comprehend being taken care of. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being with Leslie and her family throughout the service and time of fellowship! Thank You for Doug being there to support me throughout the day! Thank You for the celebration of Elizabeth's birthday and our visit with Donny and Erin! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray blessings over our travel today and our time for Doug to reconnect with his nephew. I pray Your hope over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his surgery; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he receives biopsy results today; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and Nikki. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.



No comments: