Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Psalm 18 - "Gratitude"

Life can be frustrating to the point one is in tears and ready to give up. When you can't figure out what to do next and confused, it is overwhelming. I struggle to see people in such situations but especially those who are elderly. I remember my Momma saying 'I just need someone to tell me what to do' when faced with some overwhelming times. Last night as I pulled on her sweater I felt her hug. The sweater has her scent and that made me happy. I have several pictures of her and I together with her wearing it so it brings back good memories. I remember her Momma Grandma Helmick always having an apron on whether she was in the kitchen or quilting. My Momma had a sweater on a lot in her last months due to being cold with her low blood count. Sometimes she had it on even when wrapped up in her blanket. When life gets overwhelming for me, I want to lay down and cover up with my blankie. It does not matter if it's cold or not, my blankie is my security. Psalm 18:2 reads in the New Living TestamentThe LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. In the Voice first one begins the chapter with the knowledge God is the source of my power. When my tank needs refueled, God is the One to do it. When I need to feel secure, He provides a sense of security. When I need to have wisdom and/or clarity, He provides. When I feel like I cannot go another step, He is there to give physical strength. I am so thankful God brought Doug into my life at this particular time with my Momma leaving this earth. He is such a comfort but most especially he blesses me through the prayers he offers up throughout the day. I am thankful for the way we work so well together whether it be visiting people, preparing meals, or planning for the day ahead. God provided my place of safety here on earth through Doug. Verse forty-nine of Psalm 18 reads in The Passion TranslationSo I thank you, Yahweh, with my praises I will sing my song to the highest God, so all among the nations will hear me. Praising God has been in the forefront of my mind these last few weeks. I will praise Him today no matter what is ahead because I know praising Him takes the focus off anything negative and onto Him. Woo hoo! Once again I have Brandon Lake's song "Gratitude" going through my mind...

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for going before us with all we do today! Thank You for Doug going with Jack and Paula today! I pray for wisdom for the doctors. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray those going through difficult days will find reason to praise You today. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam and for Dee's granddaughter! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Thank You for being My Security Blankie! Amen.

No comments: