Monday, June 5, 2023

Matthew 28:18-20 - "The Commission"

The last few days have been filled with so many emotions. Sadness yet joy. Frustration yet understanding. So, so many emotions have been experienced and so much physical energy spent. After getting in at 4:45 AM from a delayed flight I wasn't sure how I was going to present the sermon God gave me yet once again He provided the strength needed. After napping/resting in the afternoon we went into town for a walk and of course some ice cream. Returning home I worked on board stuff while Doug made dinner. As soon as dinner was over I climbed into bed and woke feeling better after eleven hours of sleep. Today is another day. There are two 'must do' tasks and the rest of the day will be used to rest. The last few months have been hard on my body with multiple trips to Ohio. They have been hard on my emotional being with getting married and then losing my Momma. They have been hard on my mental being because my brain is effected by tiredness. They have stretched my financial being but I know my husband has everything under control so I do not have to fret. The one part of my being that I can honestly say is solid is my spiritual being. I am so thankful for the way God speaks to me through other people, things I read, etc. I am especially thankful for Him speaking to me through nature. Doug and I have started a self-guided devotional centered on nature and how God speaks to us. I am so excited for this new part of our journey. I am excited to focus on God's Word with my husband and to expand both of our ways of thinking. I believe God brought us together for many reasons and one of them is to grow both of us spiritually. Matthew 28:18-20 was given as the commission for the new church year for not only my church family as a whole but for each of us individually. When I took this picture on our walk last night, I thought about how God makes us all different. These flowers are the same type yet they each have their own different color. They were planted at the same time yet they are of different sizes. That is exactly how God creates each of us. We may be the same race, sex, age, etc. yet we are different. God will use each one of us as we allow Him. He will open doors that need opened and close those that need closed as we allow Him. The 'secret' to a full relationship with God is us being submissive and willing to walk in obedience to His will. The day I realized that was a glorious day. Woo hoo! As I begin a new day I look forward to wherever God takes me. I am excited to see how I can make an eternal impact on people. Sometimes seeds are planted in lives and we never know the outcome. This last week when we received a note from a waitress that said, "I truly feel the strength inside of you" I was blessed in abundance. We prayed for her situation and immediately God answered those prayers. Not only were the prayers answered but she saw God in the midst of the answers. This is why I desire to he His hands and feet. I want to make a difference in people's lives. Something as simple as asking someone how you can pray for them can change their day but can more importantly change their life. There is the old saying about today being the start of the rest of your life. I want to make sure if there is anything I have missed in the past for God I do not miss it today. If there is anything He desires of me to say or do, I will realize it. The song "The Commission" is on my mind this morning...

Don't forget the things that I taught you I′ve conquered death and I hold the keys Where I go you will go too, someday But there′s much to do here before you leave

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the rest received last night and for Doug taking such good care of me! Thank You for the way You will go before me today as I go to the DMV to get business taken care of and tonight as I lead the board meeting! Thank You for empowering me through this newness without my Momma here on this earth! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people/see You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Sue with the loss of her husband; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam and for the little one with seizures discharged from the hospital! Thank You for being My Commissioner! Amen.

No comments: