Sunday, June 11, 2023

Psalm 9:1-2 - "Gratitude"


Before I went to sleep, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors. I prayed specifically for Nazarene pastors blessed with being at General Assembly. I remember being in the Sunday morning service in past Assemblies with thousands gathered. What a blessing it is to gather at such events. I also prayed specifically for those filling pulpits around the world so the pastor can be at Assembly. I prayed not only for the church business happening at Assembly but for the spiritual business that needs to happen. I prayed for pastors to have their tank filled so they can not only minister to their congregation when they return home but they can minister to those of us who were not able to attend Assembly. I am so thankful for the Church of the Nazarene. I am one blessed pastor to have the privilege to stand upon the doctrine of holiness and proclaim it boldly. Sometimes I feel like I am living a dream. As a little girl I wanted to go to the beach. Now here I am living on an island being the hands and feet of Jesus. Yesterday when we went to Hunting Island I looked out into the water and was so blessed. When we went to see the sunset last night, I once again was in awe of where God has me in life. Doug is such a blessing to me. He was promised to me a year before we connected and we both knew from the first hug we are where we are to be. Woo hoo, God! Brandon Lake's song "Gratitude" is on my mind this morning. This is exactly how I feel. The first couple verses of Psalm 9 are on my heart this morning as I praise God for Who He is in my life.

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the work Doug and I accomplished at the church yesterday and for the time to 'stop and smell the roses' in the afternoon and evening! Thank You for the privilege many of my fellow pastors have to be at General Assembly! I pray blessings over them as they worship together. I pray healing over my dear friend Judy who experienced medical issues while there. May her and Jay feel an abundance of Your peace. I pray that peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; Sue with the loss of her husband; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam and for Dee's granddaughter! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May I preach boldly what You have given me to share today. May You flow out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. Thank You for being My Praise Maker! Amen.

No comments: