Thursday, June 15, 2023

Joshua 23:9-11 - "You Will Be Found"

Some days are so overwhelming and some days are so rewarding. Yesterday was both and I am so thankful God was there every step of the way. He was with us when we received the call the ambulance came early and we weren't at the facility yet. He was with us throughout the day when we had to wait at the doctor's office, as we drove through crazy traffic, etc. He also blessed us in abundance when a very quick answer to prayer when the doctor said Ms Paula was going to have surgery but she would have to go home overnight. I asked the doctor if she could be admitted so she would not have to go through the ambulance ride back home. He told me 'it doesn't usually work that way because there is not rooms available.' I reiterated my facts and he agreed to check. I prayed and not ten minutes later she had a room. The doctoer and the nurses were amazed. They said it 'never happens' like that. I told them it was an answer to prayer and the doctor's response was, 'You must have an in with the big man upstairs.' I chuckled and said I was a pastor but wished I would have had more time to talk to him about God. He does not always answer our prayers that quickly nor is His answer always what we desire. Yesterday He did and I praised Him for it. Not only did He provide a room but it was the exact same room she was in last week. I truly believe that was conformation from Him that He has everything taken care of. We just need to trust Him. I am so thankful I rearranged my schedule to be with them yesterday to advocate for her. I am thankful Doug was there to talk with Jack. "You Will Be Found" was on my mind throughout the day yesterday and again this morning. Ms. Paula is facing an uphill battle with her injury. She has a lot of work and pain to go through to walk again. I am thankful for her determination and the smile she keeps on her face that portrays Jesus. I also am thankful for the way she shares Jesus with those caring for her.

Even when the dark comes crashing through
When you need a friend to carry you
And when you're broken on the ground
You will be found
So let the sun come streaming in
'Cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again
Lift your head and look around
You will be found

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones in the day ahead! Thank You for continuing to be with Jack and Paula! I pray for the surgeon to have Your wisdom today. Thank You for Doug being there to talk with Jack yesterday! When I climbed into bed last night, I was so tired and I thank You for the good night's rest. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Thank You for going before others going through difficult days! My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his surgery; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Thank You for being My Blesser! Amen.

No comments: