Friday, June 16, 2023

Matthew 6:9-10; Colossians 4; I Corinthians 16; I Samuel 14, 17; Esther 4 - "Good Lord"

Throughout the day yesterday, overnight, and again this morning these words to a song David Leonard sings is on my mind...

I may not know what tomorrow holds
But I know one thing for sure
Good Lord, I got a good Lord
Every day, every step of the way it's You who opened the door
Good Lord, I got a good Lord

I am so blessed to have the knowledge God opens doors that need opened and shuts those that need shut. That is one of the ways I often pray. The Apostle Paul wrote about praying for open doors for his ministry to the Colossians in Colossians 4:3-4. In I Corinthians 16:8-9 he spoke of the way God had opened doors in Ephesus for him so he would be awhile before getting to the Corinthians. Paul knew he had to be in relationship with God to realize when doors were being opened and when ones were being shut. It is not a guessing game. Sometimes we tend to get ahead of God to manipulate circumstances to be as we desire. If we truly want open doors for His glory, we must wait on Him. God will empower us to do His will as we allow Him. I think of so many stories in the Bible where He definitely opened doors for people. I Samuel 14:6 speaks of how Jonathan had courage to go up against an army with only his armor. Esther 4:14 speaks of how Esther stood up to the king. We read in I Samuel 17 of David's story with Goliath. Each of these people knew God in a personal way and heeded to His direction. This morning I am thinking about what can God do through me? How will God use me to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the day ahead? What do I need to do to get out of His way to further His Kingdom here on earth? Matthew 6:10 says three words that have such great meaning. Your kingdom come... I recently read this quote, "God has planned for some doors to open only as we push them." That made me think about how we manipulate circumstances to get things to go our way. If we push doors open, are we manipulating? I do not believe so. We do need to wait on God so when He shows us an open door we can push through it. I am so excited for the day ahead to see what doors God will open as He uses me to spread His love. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my time with: John and Terry, Marion, Ralph, and my Thursday night group with Betty, Julie, Tata, Elsie, and Terri! Thank You for the accomplishments Doug had yesterday with insurance and the closing of his house! Thank You for the business being taken care of at General Assembly! Cleanse us so You can use us. May people see/hear You through our words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for open doors for many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol as they await his surgery; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; the Long family; Becky; Russ; Nikki; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Thank You for being My Lord! Amen.

No comments: