Friday, June 23, 2023

Psalm 89 & 37; Phil 4:13; II Timothy 1:7; Prov 3:5-6; Jer 33:3 - "You Are My King (Amazing Love)"


...gentle...faithful...steadfast...committed. These are words that describe God's love in Psalm 89 in The Passion Translation. His power is described as breathtaking...awesome... astounding...unbelievable. I love verse eighteen that speaks of His wraparound presence. As we reminisced last night with a friend I was so blessed for the reminder of God's protection over me throughout my sixty-one plus years. So many times I see His protection in 'tough' times that could have turned out so much worse. The second part of this Psalm is about God keeping His promises to David. Just as He kept His promises to David He does so for me. Philippians 4:13 was a promise given to me thirty years ago when diagnosed with MS. II Timothy 1:7 was a promised given to me when Doc was going through the pancreatic cancer. Proverbs 3:5-6 was a promise given to me when I was newly widowed. Jeremiah 33:3 was a promise to me last year around this time when I was feeling like I wasn't hearing from God. So, so many promises given to me through God's love. I am one blessed lady. It was just over a year ago God told me He had a man for me. He told me it was someone I already knew. I thought about the single men in my life and came up blank so I waited. Psalm 37:7 was another promise fulfilled in the process. I waited on God to reveal to me this man and was blessed when He brought Doug back into my life. Knowing him since kindergarten, growing up with a lot of the same morals, etc. is a blessing. The way he is drawing closer to God is another blessing. Meshing our lives together is not always easy yet once again is full of blessings. God keeps His promises and desires to give us the desires of our hearts as Psalm 37:4 reads. Psalm 37 tells us to commit and trust Him. Those things did not always come easy for me but the more I strive to live for Him the easier they do. The more I strive to live as Jesus the more people see/hear Him through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Woo hoo! "You Are My King (Amazing Love)" has been on my mind throughout this week. His love is so precious and so rewarding to walk in. Oh how I pray I honor Him.

Amazing love, how can it be?
That you, my king. would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
Its my joy to honor you

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love that lavishes down upon me! Thank You for friends like Marybeth that You use to love on me! Thank You for bringing Doug into my life and for the way he loves me so well! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your love over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Dave and Carol; Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he waits to start chemo; the Long family; Becky; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Love! Amen.

No comments: