Saturday, June 3, 2023

Luke 1:37 - "Goodness of God"

My dear Momma was more than my Momma. She was my friend, my confidant, my sounding board, and my hero. Her life was full of both 'good' and 'bad' things but most of all it was full of the love of God. She trusted God no matter what and was an example for all of how to allow God to be the center of her life. I remember a period of time when her and Daddy attended the Nazarene Church with us. The doctrine of sanctification was brought to life for both of them. They had lived for God but that teaching cemented being 'sold-out' to Him for them. I remember when they returned back to Orrville Christian Church she told me she felt like she had more to share through the experience. Once again I am reminded of how she was open to change and to learning. In the beginning of her getting a computer I never heard her say once, 'I will never learn how to use this' but instead saw her look at it as a challenge she would conquer. I am glad I have the same sort of spirit where very little looks impossible to me. I know if God wants me to do something it is possible. I also know I am not on my own strength to do anything put before me. Yesterday morning I had three 'melt-downs' before even getting out the door to go to the funeral. I said, 'I can't do this' and Doug reminded me I was not alone. He told me he was with me and most importantly God was with me. I am so thankful God brought him into my life when He did. The timing was perfect! I was able to not only get through the day because of God placing Doug in my life but I was able to glorify God throughout the day. This picture was taken last evening as we sat on Momma's porch for our final time. I shared memories of my Momma and Daddy with Doug. We laughed and there were a few tears shed. I want our marriage to be strong like their's. I want Doug and I to grow in our relationship through the 'tough' times we will face just as they did. Their faith grew over the years through circumstances no one should have to go through such as my sister being murdered. I don't know what is ahead for us but this morning's conversation about God being the center of our future encourages me greatly. I am excited for the days ahead. In the last forty-one days we have gone through getting married with ceremonies in both Ohio and South Carolina, buying a new vehicle, seeing Momma move to the nursing home, selling his house and combining our two households from 700 miles apart, selling Momma's house and getting it emptied out, and Momma leaving this earth. That is a whole lot of life changes and yet we are stronger in our relationship than before. God is so, so good and nothing is impossible with Him being the center of life. I look at this picture and see the dark circles under my eyes and pray for God to restore my physical body from these last few weeks with rest and relaxation. I am so thankful Doug is here to take care of me as he does. I am grateful God knew I needed a  mate, promised him to me a year ago, and in His perfect timing brought him into my life. This morning God is blessing me with the song "Goodness of God"...

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being my strength yesterday to not just get through Momma's funeral but to glorify You throughout the day! Thank You for Doug who reminded me I was not alone and for speaking through Ben and Amelia! Thank You for all who came to Momma's calling hours/funeral and for the way You ministered to all of us! Thank You once again for Dan and Pam opening their home up to us! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many who are going through difficult days to be filled with Your presence. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam and for the little one with seizures discharged from the hospital! Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.



No comments: