Thursday, June 1, 2023

Psalm 46 - "Into The Sea (It's Gonna Be OK)"

Another morning waking up feeling exhausted. The emotions of this time are causing havoc on my body. I told Doug this morning some day I will be rested again. I don't know how soon that will happen but I am so ready for it. I apologized to God for whining about it because I feel guilty when I voice such things. His response, 'It's OK, Daughter.' Several time yesterday Doug said, 'It's going to be OK.' The term 'OK' can mean so many different things. It can mean no matter what is happening in life God is with us. Another meaning is things may never be the same as they once were yet they can still be good. Right after Doc passed Paul shared with me a song that had just came out called "Into The Sea (It's Gonna Be OK)" which is on my mind this morning...

From beginning to the end
You're so close
You have never let me down
And you won't
In the valleys, in the shadows, I know
You're so close
You're so close
Though the mountains may be moved into the sea
Though the ground beneath might crumble and give way
I can hear my Father singing over me
"It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK"

Yes! Life will be OK even though my world changed drastically Tuesday morning. I am so thankful for the way God brought Doug into my life prior to this time. I am grateful for his support and to have someone to make decisions. I am grateful for the means to be able to fly instead of having another drive in the truck. I am grateful for Tom who is more than the pastor and part of our family. I am grateful for a 'down time' last night to introduce Linda and Junior to Jackie and Tim. I am grateful for Dan and Pam opening their home up to us. God takes care of every little detail of what is needed to make everything OK. Woo hoo! My Momma and my Daddy taught me well to trust God. They taught me to love others with His love and I strive to do so. Psalm 46:1-3 are words I ponder upon frequently. They read in the New Living TestamentGod is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. It's Gonna Be OK...yes it is! No matter what the day ahead holds it will be OK because God already knows every aspect of it.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for: safe travels; Staci's hug when I got off the plane; Doug being with me; our time with Linda, Junior, Jackie, and Tim; seeing Jenna and the littles; Tom being more than a pastor; and Dan and Pam opening their home to Doug and I! Thank You for whatever You have in store today that will be 'OK' however it transpires! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May Your strength continue to be with my family and all going through difficult times. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Sue Danhoff’s husband Harv; Michele with breast cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; the Long family; Becky; Russ; a couple contemplating divorce and another couple having serious issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: