Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Ephesians 3 - "You Will Be Found"

Last night as I crafted Sunday's sermon I fell deeper in love with God. Paul's words in Ephesians  3 bless me in abundance. Sometimes when I read his writing I feel like he is right here with me speaking words of encouragement over me. He wrote in verse seventeen of the way God's love will be more a part of us as we stand in our faith. I love the way he describes our life. ...and the resting place of His love will become the very source and root of your life. These words are such an encouragement in so many ways. First of all, it amazes me Paul was in prison when he wrote these words. He was in a 'low' time in his life yet he chose to encourage others. There is a lesson to be learned here. Secondly, Paul shows the importance of being in relationship with God. We are told growing up that God loves us. We can experience His love but until we realize the importance of being in relationship with Him we will not fully realize it. A relationship with God takes work. We must remember communication with Him needs to be a two-way street. We also must remember in order to realize His love we must accept it. We must work to not just develop a relationship with Him but to continue it. It takes nurturing for anything to grow including relationships. I wrote this last night:

Maybe you can remember a time when you wanted to develop a love relationship with a special person. What did you do? You spent time together, you talked and listened, you shared thoughts and activities, hopes and dreams, and frustrations and desires. Love developed in the relationship. 

This is what is needed in any relationship. We must nurture it if we want it to grow. We must work at it if we want it to succeed. We must have the desire in our heart to have God's love flow from us before it will. We must be willing to allow Him to love us before we can love others. Sometimes we doubt God's love when we find ourselves in 'tough' times but He never stops loving us. Instead His love deepens in our spirit as we press into Him. During the night and again this morning a song Natalie Grant sings called "You Will Be Found" is on my mind. It reminds me when life is 'tough' God's love is there to soothe all the hurts.

Even when the dark comes crashing through
When you need a friend to carry you
And when you're broken on the ground
You will be found

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for continuing to be with Jack and Paula during these 'tough' days! Thank You for Doug being with them yesterday! I pray they will receive answers today. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your love over many going through 'tough' days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam and for Dee's granddaughter! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Thank You for being My Love! Amen.

No comments: