Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Psalm 3 - "Strength of My Life"

God woke me this morning with the prompting to read Psalm 3. David wrote this Psalm at a time he had to flee his son Absolum. There were so many times David felt 'beat up' by his enemies and yet he never gave up trusting God. This Psalm begins with him humbling himself before the Lord in the first two verses. Verses three and four show him realizing how God helps him and then verses five and six show how he realizes God is his safe place. The last two verses are entitled "The Secret of Strength" in The Passion Translation. God is our strength no matter what we go through. A 'secret' in that strength is allowing Him to be who He desires to be in our life. He desires to stretch our faith through difficult days so we will trust Him more. When our enemies seem to not want to back down, He is there to give us exactly what we need to glorify Him. In Psalm 3 there are breaks between each section entitled "Pause in His presence" which is exactly what we need to do. It is in His presence we find more of Him. We will experience more of His love when we stop and bask in His presence. We will experience more of His wisdom when we stop and listen. We will receive more of His clarity when we stop and be still before Him. Enemies come in so many different ways. Some come in people who are out to hurt us. Others come in the thoughts the enemy puts in our mind. Others come in the expectations we put upon ourselves. I felt 'icky' yesterday and wanted to cry all day long. I miss hearing my Momma's voice. I miss being able to call her when I'm having MS tingling and her making things all better. Yesterday as I started getting mad at myself for the tears and the feeling down the Lord reminded me it had only been a week yesterday since she took her last breath on this earth. One week. I know from past experience grieving will continue but I also know it gets lesser as time goes on. One week is not long and I need to remember that. I had my Momma for sixty-one plus years. She was a constant in my life that will no longer be. Even though I do not have her physically with me I do have memories to reflect upon which I am thankful. Not everyone has what I had in my Momma. I must remember that and be thankful for the gift God gave me in her. David began Psalm 3 lamenting but ends it with glorifying God. I lamented throughout the day yesterday and I pray I ended the day as David. Today is a new day. I pray it is a day full of God-blessed memories and that I make God proud of me. I know the way to do that is to be in His presence and allow Him to be my strength. I am reminded of a song Vertical Worship sings called "Strength of My Life" and feeling very blessed...

You are the strength of my life
You flood the darkness with light
I throw myself on Your never failing love
You are the strength of my heart
I'm running into Your arms
I throw myself on Your never failing love
I will walk and, not grow faint
Through the valley, You will make a way
You are always, holding onto me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for bringing Doug into my life at the perfect time! Thank You for wiping my tears and being here in these 'hard' days without my Momma! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Sue with the loss of her husband; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: