Thursday, June 8, 2023

Hebrews 11 - "I Can Only Imagine"

What a long night or I guess maybe it was a short night if you think in the lines of sleeping. I usually do not have an issue with sleeping. There wasn't anything in particular on my mind. Just a lot of thinking done which morphed into praying. I started thinking about heaven. What it will look like? Will we know one another? I've always been taught there will be no need for daily things such as food. Jokingly I have said things about not have my chocolate anymore will be a bummer but we all know what I will have will be much better than chocolate. I am so jealous of my Momma being there before me. I wondered what she was experiencing in her new body. Being in His presence 24/7 will take on a new meaning when I will actually see Him. Hearing His voice in person will be different. I cannot even begin to imagine life there. I do think it will be more glorious than anything we could ever imagine. I have the song "I Can Only Imagine" on my mind this morning...

Surrounded by You glory

What will my heart feel

Will I dance for you Jesus

Or in awe of You be still

Will I stand in your presence

Or to my knees will I fall

Will I sing hallelujah

Will I be able to speak at all

I can only imagine

This song was inspired by the life and death of Bart Millard's father. As long as we have breathe on this earth we have hope in Jesus. That hope leads us into life with Him for eternity as we allow Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We read in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews of people who have gone on to be with the Lord due to their great faith on this earth. The chapter ends with speaking of something better God has in store for those who live for Him. I am blessed in the knowledge my Momma is getting her something better and look forward to the day I will be there with her. When I took this picture last night, I saw Jesus in the bright spot in the midst of the dark clouds. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the work Doug and I accomplished at the church and the insurance agency yesterday! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Audrey; Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; and Damon. I pray for: Rebecca as she awaits surgery; Dan as he awaits biopsy results; Sue with the loss of her husband; the Long family; Becky; Russ; and a couple having marital issues. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam and for Dee's granddaughter! I pray special blessings of strength and peace over Leslie and her family. Thank You for being My Something Better! Amen.



No comments: