Wednesday, February 17, 2021

II Corinthians 4; John 1:5; Nahum 1:7 - "Strong Enough"

Yesterday was another 'first' for me. The first time I conducted a funeral in South Carolina. I have assisted Doc but this was the first time I did one on my own. God was so good at answering my prayers for sunshine for the outdoor service. He was so good at providing words of comfort for me to share but they were also words that told people the way to live. We never know when our last day on this earth will occur so we need to be ready at all time. We need to realize to live with Him for eternity means living with Him on this earth. I was reading this morning from II Corinthians, chapter four. This Scripture speaks about the treasure we have in jars of clay that show God's power in us. When we feel like the world is crashing in on us, God's power is there for us. When we feel like we cannot go on, His power is there for us. There is so much unrest in our world today. COVID, political junk, etc. But we must remember God is greater than anything that comes our way. I was reminded this morning to stay focused on His power in me instead of the junk of this life. He can and does shine brightly through my 'cracks' when I allow Him. Yesterday as I preached the service for Mike's Mom the sun was shining. I thought about how the Son shines down on me with His empowerment. He loves me so greatly and for that I am grateful. He cares about me and showers me with blessings every day. Having Doc's laptop to use when mine crashed is a great blessing. The files being able to be copied onto his laptop is a huge blessing. When I figured out how to get the smart TV working the other night, it was another blessing. I am technologically challenged and this house is full of technology. Sometimes it is overwhelming but then I am reminded God is with me and will see me through anything that comes my way. I love the words Paul wrote in II Corinthians 4...

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. (NIV)

These words encourage me greatly. They give me the push to continue on when life gets tough. They also encourage me to let my light shine brightly for the Lord so He will be glorified in all situations. I desire Him to radiate from my life. The only way that can happen is for me to stay focused on Him and live in His presence 24/7. John wrote in 1:5 in the New International Version: The light shines in darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. Woo hoo! God is greater than anything the enemy throws our way. He is greater than anything that tries to snuff out His light in us. Last night I was reminded in my grief support group of the words of Nahum 1:7. The Lord is good. A stronghold in the day of trouble. And He knows those who trust in Him. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! He is good! He desires to live in and through us. He desires to be our Stronghold. All we have to do is trust Him. When life is tough, we must trust Him. When we feel like we cannot continue on, we must trust Him. When we need direction, we must trust Him. Plain and simple. We must trust Him.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for being here for me every moment of the day! Thank You for going before me and opening doors that need opened and shutting those that need shut! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way! I pray You will continue to be with Mike and his family as they find their new 'normal' without his Momma. I pray for the day ahead for them to be filled with exactly what they need. Thank You Father for this laptop and my files being moved onto it! I pray You will help me to adjust to it and figure out the issues. I also thank You for the day ahead. I pray for our Bible study tonight to be enlightening. Lord, I also pray for my friend who is having a tough morning to feel Your love. May she be protected from the enemy as she deals with a nasty situation. I also pray for Paul and his family as they continue to deal with the effects from the bad weather. May You continue to be their strength along with all who are without power and/or water. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. I pray for Bonnie and Bobbi who are both going through difficult days to feel Your strength. Thank You for my time over lunch with Nancy and Paula yesterday! What a joy to spend time with friends. Thank You for being My Stronghold! Amen.

No comments: