Saturday, February 27, 2021

Matthew 21:21-22 - "Into The Sea"

Yesterday was another day full of blessings from start to finish. After my personal time with the Lord in the morning He and I finished up the sermon He has for me to give tomorrow. Then I worked on my Lysa Terkeust study and had an awesome time with my two pastor friends via the internet. Our weekly time together is so encouraging to me. I am so blessed in abundance by these two ladies. I am also blessed with today's technology that brings us together although we are miles apart. I spent some time in the afternoon walking at the waterfront and being blessed by the Son and the sun shining down upon me. Some people probably think I have a mental issue when they pass me and see me talking or singing but it's just me and the Lord enjoying ourselves. The evening was spent watching a couple movies with an early night of going to bed. It was nice to have nine hours of sleep. God is so, so good. I was thinking this morning about how a few months ago there were few of these types of days. I cried a lot. I struggled with being alone. I wanted to be around people yet I felt out-of-place when I was with them. Life was not 'fun' by any means. As I reflected on that, I realized a few things. One, I have allowed God to heal my broken heart. Two, I have opened up myself to people after praying. Three, I am once again enjoying life as I walk in His creation. I was reminded this morning by my friend Elizabeth of something Lysa wrote:

God isn't going to waste one bit of your hurt and hardship. I know how challenging that can be to believe. But we can trust the process. So hold fast to God's ways. Hang on. Redemption is coming.
A new strength is being developed in you by God for a good purpose.
Just like muscle fibers must be torn to grow, this breaking of you will be the making of you. A new you. A stronger you.

I was also reminded of a story Lysa told this week about her nephew who became a Marine last year. When asked about the change in him, he told her in the thirteen weeks of being trained as a Marine they break you down and then they build you back up to live the life of a Marine. We all have to become broken before we can be who God has called us to be. We have to allow Him to work in and through us before we can be who He has called us to be. The desire of my heart is to walk in obedience to His will. The only way that can happen is to live in His presence. I love the word picture Jesus gave in Matthew 21:21-22. It goes with the song "Into The Sea" that Paul blessed me with right after Doc died.

My heart is breaking
In a way I never thought it could
My mind is racing
With the question, "are you still good?"

Can you make something
From the wreckage?
Would you take this heart
And make it whole again?

Though the mountains may be moved into the sea
Though the ground beneath might crumble and give way
I can hear my Father singing over me
"It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK"

Yes! I know "It's gonna be OK..." because God is in control. Praise His Holy Name! He knows exactly what I need and provides. He speaks and I listen. I have some mountains before me but they will move into the sea in God's time. How do I know this? Because I live by faith just as He spoke of in Matthew 21. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the way You love and bless me so much! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! Thank You for giving me this song, Scripture, and reminders from Lysa that encourage me greatly! Thank You for friends like Elizabeth who encourage me! Thank You for the praises of yesterday with my sister Linda being discharged from rehab and the wonderful day I spent with You! Thank You for technology that brings Jenn, Angie, and I together to encourage one another! Lord, I pray for my friend who was hospitalized with breathing issues to experience Your peace. I also pray for all of my bi-vocational pastor friends who will be working on sermons today. May they expect, hear, and listen to Your voice. I am so excited to speak what You have given me for tomorrow. Woo hoo! Thank You for the privilege to preach Your Word! I pray for my Momma who will be speaking today to a group of ladies to feel Your presence. Thank You for being My Mountain Mover! Amen.

No comments: