Thursday, February 4, 2021

Isaiah 43 - "Into The Sea"


February 4, 2021. Doc took his last breath on this earth five months ago today. It was a day of rejoicing in heaven as he walked into the arms of Jesus. It was a day of rejoicing here on earth as he was no longer suffering in his physical body. That is hard for some people to grasp. How can I rejoice in his death? How can I rejoice when being left behind? How can I rejoice in the 'tough' days I have gone through? The answer is plain and simple. God is my strength. He is here with me, guiding me every step of the way. He encourages me every day through His Word, a song, people, etc. He loves on me in ways that are hard to comprehend. February 4, 2016 was another day where He blessed me in abundance. It is so hard to believe it has been five years since that night that changed my life. I wrote these words the next day...


Walking into the sanctuary with a cane, very nauseated, very emotional, in pain...
Dancing out of the sanctuary on my own strength, feeling very joyful and thankful...
I went expecting...I received...praise His Holy Name!!!


At the end of the service, I found myself at the front of the church on the steps crying out for healing in not just my physical body but my entire being. I don't know how long I was there but all of a sudden I felt different. I felt at peace. Then I heard, "Sheila...Sheila...come here..." I walked over to Brother Dan and he prayed over me. He commanded the MS out of my body. He commanded restoration in the myelin of my brain. He commanded the pain to be gone from my legs. He commanded my sight to be pure. He commanded fear to be gone from my life. With the authority given to him by the Holy Spirit he commanded. Woo hoo! The warmth flowed from the tip of my head to the tip of my toes and I was overwhelmed by His Spirit. I'm not sure what happened for a few minutes...the Spirit overtook me. My next recollection was sitting in front of Brother Dan and him praying over me more. He said the Lord was doing more than healing. "New things" were happening. This fulfilled what the Lord told me a couple days before that day about "new life"...


It hit me this morning that it has been almost nine months since the MS exasperation hit my body. Nine months. What else takes nine months in a woman's body? New life. The Lord has seen me through some pretty rough days over these last months. He has seen me through treatments, physical therapy, sickness but He has been my strength through it all. Yes, there have been days I have felt like giving up but I refuse because He will not allow me to let the enemy win. 


I persevered...I refused to give up even that night as I begged the Lord to take away my affliction I did not give up. The enemy tried to get me by telling me the Lord was not going to heal me again. I told the enemy that I was the King's Daughter and He would heal me. I trusted Him. I had faith in Him. I know He loves me. Those are the reasons I continued pleading. As I prayed I thought about the promises in Isaiah 43 and knew I had to stand on them.


“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.


 Do not be afraid, for I am with you...

 “Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.


Praise His Holy Name! "...a new thing..." Yes! I cannot dwell on the past but must look forward to today and the future. God did not heal me on February 4, 2016 without a reason. He healed me to be His obedient servant. It was only four months later we walked in obedience with our move to South Carolina. He brought us here to not only love on the people in Beaufort but to show our people how to love on others. He brought us here to bring holiness to all who will listen. Woo hoo! I know He brought us here and I also know the work is not complete. That is why I am here. His purpose for me is to bring others into full relationship with Him. Five years ago I walked into a service expecting a healing. God provided. Five months ago I asked God expectantly to heal Doc as we went through what was his last day on this earth. God provided the ultimate healing. February 4, 2021 I am expectantly asking God to use me to bring someone deeper in their walk with Him today. Expectation was the word He gave me for 2021 and I am striving to live every day in this mindset. I am so thankful for the song Into The Sea.


Though the mountains may be moved into the sea
Though the ground beneath might crumble and give way
I can hear my Father singing over me
"It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK"


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the walk of obedience I witnessed in Doc! Thank You for the obedience of Brother Dan Bohi! Thank You for the way You use/used both of these godly men to further Your Kingdom! Lord, cleanse me so You can use me to do the same. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May You do a new thing in my life today. Lord, there are so many on my prayer list that need a physical, mental, emotional, and financial touch but most importantly I pray for their spiritual needs to be met. I am praying with expectation of seeing great things happen in my little world. I am praying with expectation for Your guidance with some things that I feel You leading me in. Woo hoo! I love the life You have given me and am expecting 2021 to be the best year yet! Thank You Jesus for being My Expectation! Amen.

.

No comments: