Saturday, February 6, 2021

John 14:1-4 - "Another In The Fire"


This morning my prayers are with so many different ones who are going through 'tough' days. God reminded me we are never alone through the song Another In The Fire.

There'll be another in the fire
Standing next to me
There'll be another in the waters
Holding back the seas
And should I ever need reminding
How good You've been to me
I'll count the joy come every battle
'Cause I know that's where You'll be

Count the joy come every battle
'Cause I know that's where You'll be
Count the joy come every battle
'Cause I know that's where You'll be

It is so important to stay in God's presence, especially in the 'tough' days. He desires to empower us to be joyful no matter what is happening. Everything that happens on this earth is temporary. Eternity with Him is what we need to stay focused on. I was encouraged yesterday as I read John 14:1-4 with a family in the last hours with their loved one. I pray they were encouraged by these words too. Earth is just our temporary home. When we live with Christ in our life, we will spend eternity in a much better place. I told this one yesterday her family will miss her but it will be ok. She is going to be living in peace when she walks into the arms of Jesus. This morning my prayers are full of situations where people need reminded to lean into God's peace. We all need this reminder. Some of us need the reminder more than others. Some of us need the reminder daily because life just keeps happening. Questions continue to be unanswered. Circumstances seem to continue being thrown before us. Praise His Holy Name we can lean into Him and stand in His strength. We can have His peace as we allow Him to be in control of our life. Woo hoo! I am so grateful for His peace!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of me today in a great way. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May You be greater than anything that comes my way. Thank You for going before me and opening doors that need opened and shutting those that need shut! Lord, my prayer list is so long of ones who are going through 'tough' days. May Your peace be strongly experienced by them today. Jen; Beth; Melanie; Elizabeth; Mike and family; Jennifer; Darrell; Joyce; Sandi; Heather; and so many others. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: