Friday, February 5, 2021

Jeremiah 17:7 - "We Are Messengers"

Yesterday was a blessed day from start to finish. I enjoyed time in the morning with Miss Everly making cookies and Valentines; playing with dolls and store; and talking about how much God loves us. My doctor appointment was fantastic with leaving with the immobilizer no longer needed. After my appointment I had a wonderful time walking at Crystal Lake Park with my friend Elizabeth followed by lunch with an opportunity to pray with a new friend who is struggling with depression. My dessert was a blizzard which was keeping up with the tradition of Doc getting me a 'treat' after having anything done medically. The evening was spent with a great video with Lysa Terkuist, a phone conversation with my friend Marion, getting more accomplished in the office, a nice hot bubble bath, and ending the night with a phone conversation with a friend who encourages me. It took me thirty-five days but I finally hit my goal of walking 8000 steps! I actually hit 10,000 steps yesterday. I love walking and am so blessed to being back doing it regularly. I am thankful for my friend Will who made the group that keeps me accountable. Getting on the scales this morning and having another couple pounds off was exciting. God is so, so good at blessing me. He is so, so good at loving on me. Once again, I go back to one of our January verses. Jeremiah 17:7.


There was discussion last night in Lysa's study how we are made in the image of God. She used the term 'the divine echo.' We are made in the image of God. Therefore, we need to glorify God in our words and actions. We also need to remind one another of this. I remembered the view from yesterday with the reflection of the trees on the lake. It was so beautiful. That is what my life needs to be. I need to reflect God in all I do. I cannot allow my past to set my future. Lysa wrote, "We can't change what we have experienced, but we can choose how the experiences change us." Woo hoo! I like that! I love the words to Image of God that We Are Messengers sings.

We are made
Made in the image of
Made in the image of God
Beautiful shades of love
We are made
Made in the image of
Made in the image of God
That's where the light comes from

Yes! I am made in the Image of God. He loves me greatly and desires to bless me as I walk in obedience to His will. The more I reflect Him, the more I will realize Him in my life. The more I reflect Him, the more I will not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to Him. The more I reflect Him, the more I will be blessed. Plain and simple. I need to make sure I am reflecting Him 24/7. Is that even possible? Probably not but the more I strive to do it, the closer I will come to attaining the goal.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the opportunities from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving on me so greatly! Father, I pray for my new friend Heather who is struggling with depression to feel Your presence. Thank You for the opportunity to pray with her yesterday! Thank You for the laughs my friend Elizabeth and I shared! Thank You for the healing that is continuing in my arm. I was so excited to be able to sleep on my stomach last night for the first time in eleven weeks but was sad when my ribs hurt in the process. Lord, I pray for continued healing in both my arm and my ribs. I pray for continued healing in my emotional being as I continue on in this study on forgiveness with Lysa. May You be greater than the hurts of my heart. Thank You for all my friends who checked on me after my appointment! You are so good at encouraging me. Thank You for my friend who continues to cheer me on and encourage me! Thank You for my time with Miss Everly making cookies and Valentines, playing with dolls, etc. I am so grateful for her hugs and 'I love you, Ms Sheila!' Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me today so I can reflect You in a greater way. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May You be seen/heard instead of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Confidence! Amen.

No comments: