Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Jeremiah 17:7 - "Blessings"

Yesterday was one of those days you would rather not go through. I was struggling physically with fatigue, received news from a friend her cancer had returned, and shed a lot of tears. I am so grateful God provides what I need when I need it. A phone call from a friend at the perfect time was a blessing. Having them check on me before bedtime was an added bonus. God is so good. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve this life of blessings. I wonder how it is that God continues to love on me no matter what I do/say or don't do/say. Then I am reminded of one of my January verses, Jeremiah 17:7.


Woo hoo! Yes! Praise His Holy Name! I am blessed because I trust Him. I am blessed because I have hope in Him. I am blessed because I have confidence in Him. Plain and simple. I am blessed! I have made the choice to be intentional in my relationship with Him. One commentator wrote, "God will bless you if you drop your trust in human strength and wisdom and instead trust in Him." I cannot do anything on my own but must rely upon His wisdom and strength. This reminds me of the other verses from the January sermon series. Proverbs 3:5-6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. Once again, trust is key. II Timothy 1:7, God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid. He gives us a spirit of power, love, and self-control. Woo hoo! I can do anything in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit! All I have to do is allow Him total control over every aspect of my life and adhere to Exodus 14:14. The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still. Praise His Holy Name! His Word is full of promises. When January ended, I was so blessed in reflecting back on the sermon series He provided. I pray others were affected as greatly as I was through it. If there was no one other than me that He spoke to through this series, that is ok because He knew I needed the encouragement of these promises. He knew I needed reminded that He will provide everything I need as I fully trust in Him. I have no doubt about this.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for getting me through yesterday! I pray You were glorified through it in some way. I pray for a cleansing today so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day in a mighty way. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for being with: my friend as she prepares for another cancer surgery; Mark and Lisa as they are going through her cancer returned; Rick McCartney as he continues his battle with diabetes; a friend having a second interview; Paula as she continues with therapy; and so many others going through challenging times. May we all come through these circumstances with a greater faith. Thank You for eight hours of sleep in my bed last night! It felt so good. Thank You for my friend who listened to me through tears last night and checked on me before I went to bed! Thank You for all the people You put in my life...my tribe is fantastic! Lord, the day ahead is unknown but I pray You will use me to be a beacon of light for You. Thank You for the on-line speaker's boot camp I am participating in this week! I was so blessed yesterday with all Elaine gave us. Thank You for tonight's grief group! May You give Joyce Your wisdom as she prepares. Lord, I'm praying for a couple and a family both in need of reconciliation. May You be greater than the things going on in their lives. Thank You Father for being The One to Bless Me! Amen.

No comments: