Thursday, February 18, 2021

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - "Blessings"


It's so hard to believe it has been four years today since my brother Gene passed. I'm so thankful God worked it out for me to be able to be at his service and to have fun with him at the last family picnic with his German chocolate cake. I have such fond memories of being spoiled by him when I was growing up. Today as I prayed with one who is saying 'goodbye' to their grandfather I was reminded of the words from Ecclesiastes 3 that I read at the funeral Tuesday. We all know there is a time to be born and a time to die but it is so hard to let go. How are we to continue on living on this earth without a loved one? How are we to get through the days without them? Why did they have to leave? God is the only One who has the answers for us. He is the only One who knows what we need. He will provide exactly what we need, when we need it. He is so near to me and provides people, Scripture, songs, etc. to encourage me on days like today when I miss my brother so much. He is there to use my memories to comfort me. He is there to allow the hurts of my heart to be comforted. He is there to direct me as I allow Him. Plain and simple. He is there. Woo hoo! I am so thankful for His presence in my life.  I know the words to Laura Story's song Blessings are so, so true. They hold special meaning in my heart.

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love that I feel so much! Thank You for encouraging me through people, Scripture, music, etc.! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, attitude, actions, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Lord, may Your peace be Sarah's peace with these last hours of her grandfather's life. May You be the healing touch for Mary; Rick; Lisa; and so many others. I pray for David as he goes for a procedure tomorrow. Lord, continue to give me opportunities to love on others as You desire. Thank You for Roger and Jan visiting and taking me to breakfast this morning! I so enjoy having people love on me. Thank You for the prayer Roger said over me! Thank You Father for being My Blessing! Amen.



No comments: