Sunday, February 21, 2021

Psalm 12:6-8 - "Goodness of God"


Last night was my typical Saturday night with praying for pastors before going to sleep, praying in the middle of the night for them, and praying again this morning. I love how the Lord uses me to specifically pray for pastors on Saturday nights. I am thankful for the ones who pray for me. Yesterday was so encouraging with a phone call from a pastor's wife from Ohio. She encouraged me greatly with sharing how she uses my daily writing to encourage others. Spending time outside in the beauty of God's creation with another friend was another encouragement to me. Soaking up the natural vitamin D was greatly needed. Accomplishing way beyond my step goal was another encouragement. Talking with Paul and finding out there was little damage from last week's weather was such a blessing. Finally, ending my day with a phone call with a friend blessed me in abundance. God is so, so good. He knew what I needed and provided in great detail. Not all days are so wonderful but all days are blessings from God.  In my conversation last night I was reminded of something in Lysa's book. God's faithfulness doesn't mean we'll get everything we want. But it does mean God can still make our lives good. Praise His Holy Name! He knows what is best for us and provides exactly what we need. As we walk in obedience to His will, we will realize His blessings in a deeper way. That does not mean He will bless us more. It means we will recognize His blessings more. There will be pastors today go into the pulpit with heavy hearts. Some due to physical issues in theirselves or family members. Some due to financial strains upon them. Some due to issues within their congregations. No matter what the reason for their heaviness, we all need to remember the words written in Psalm 8. We must stand in the promises of His Word. Matthew Henry wrote of this Scripture:

The preciousness of God's word is compared to silver refined to the highest degree. How many proofs have been given of its power and truth! God will secure his chosen remnant, however bad the times are. As long as the world stands, there will be a generation of proud and wicked men. But all God's people are put into the hands of Christ our Saviour; there they are in safety, for none can pluck them thence; being built on Him, the Rock, they are safe, notwithstanding temptation or persecution come with ever so much force upon them.

Praise His Holy Name for the knowledge God is with us in 'good' and 'bad' times! I am so thankful for this knowledge. I am thankful for His faithfulness even when my faithfulness wavers. He provides exactly what I need every moment of every day. Woo hoo!

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for providing exactly what I need, when I need it! Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday! Thank You for the opportunities You will give me today to love on people with Your love! Thank You for the opportunity to preach what You have given me to share today! Thank You for cleansing me so You can go before me and be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts! Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors! Lord, I pray for Joy and her family with the loss of her brother yesterday. May Your peace surround them in abundance. I pray for the Mallory's who are struggling with physical issues to also experience Your peace. Thank You for my time with Elizabeth yesterday! May You continue to bless her through these days of great adjustment for her. I also pray for my friend Edie who encouraged me greatly through her phone call yesterday and my friend who talked with me last night. You are so awesome, God, in providing exactly what I need. Thank You for the damage at Paul's house being minimal! What a blessing to this Momma's heart! Lord, I pray for the tingling in my head to not be a distraction to me this morning. Thank You for being My Faithfulness! Amen.

No comments: