Sunday, February 7, 2021

Hebrews 10:19-25 - "Old Church Choir"


Last night before going to bed I prayed for all pastors to not only hear the voice of God but to walk in obedience to it. I woke up to heavy rain in the middle of the night and prayed for pastors to have the Holy Spirit rain down upon them. I prayed for God to reign in our lives as we lead others. This morning I am praying once again for all of us to walk in His will. Every believer should live in this manner. Every believer should go beyond salvation into a life sold out to God. It is so important for pastors to live in this manner so those around them can see the example to follow. When we are reflecting God in our lives, people will desire to do the same. It is a 'trickle down' effect. When we live a life filled with spiritual disciplines, others will desire to do the same. Praying, being in the Word, fasting, solitude, silence, etc. should all be a part of our lives. Another discipline is worship. We need to not only worship God when we gather together as a church body but we need to worship Him 24/7. I was thinking about a lady who watched me sometimes when my Momma was working. She always had Christian radio on in her house. It was more talk with a song mixed in now and then. As a little girl, I thought she was 'weird' with doing that. I was not use to having a radio on all the time in our home. Now here I am fifty plus years later and I have KLOVE playing most of the time. I guess maybe I would be considered 'weird' too. I grew up going to church every Sunday morning and evening. I cannot remember if we went mid-week or not but pretty much when the church doors were open, we were there. Even with all that is going on in my little world I 'go to church' several times a week via the computer. I am thankful for today's technology. If anyone would have told me fifty years ago that I would be 'attending' church on-line, I would have laughed at them. I would not have even known what it meant to be on-line. God is so, so good at providing what we need. He is so, so good with making sure we are encouraged. I was thinking during the night of the Scripture about not giving up meeting together. When we were meeting in person, there were people who would be sporadic in their worship. Now on-line there are people who have computer issues and give up after the first time. No matter what comes before us whether it be computer issues, visitors in our home, etc. we must never stop meeting with our church family. Worship is not just about singing. Worship is about lifting our voices, praying together, hearing the Word, etc. Worship needs to be an intricate part of our lives. God is blessed when we join in corporate worship. Our pastor is blessed when we join in corporate worship. Others are blessed when we join in corporate worship. Plain and simple. Everyone, including ourselves, is blessed when we join in corporate worship.

When the valleys, that I wander
Turn to mountains, that I can't climb
Oh, You are with me, never leave me
Oh 'cause, there ain't nothing there ain't nothing gonna steal my joy

I've got an Old Church Choir singing in my soul
I've got a sweet salvation and it's beautiful
I've got a heart overflowing 'cause I've been restored
There ain't nothing gonna steal my joy
No there ain't nothing gonna steal my joy

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings with rest yesterday! Thank You for the day ahead as we gather together for corporate worship! I am getting so excited in knowing our time to gather together again physically is drawing close. Lord, continue to have everything that happens be in Your time. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude throughout this day. May Your words flow from me as I preach what You have given me. Father, may all pastors speak what You have given them. May the people who hear the message of truth walk in obedience to it. Father, I prayed during the night for pastors in general. This morning I pray for Elaine who is filling the pulpit this morning to be a blessing to those there. I pray for my pastor friend battling cancer and for pastors dealing with continuing issues following COVID to feel Your strength. I pray those who are thinking of being a part of corporate worship will take the step to attend whether that be physically or on-line. I also pray for Mike and his family with the loss of his dear Momma. May they feel Your peace in these 'tough' days. Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Thank you for your faithfulness.