Wednesday, February 3, 2021

John 14; 16 - "I Am Not Alone"; "My Heart Is Yours"


I was reminded last night of Jesus' words in John 16:32b. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me (NLT). Woo hoo! When the times of loneliness come, the Lord reminds me I am not alone. His peace starts at the tip of my head and goes to the tip of my toes. God is so, so good. Some people do not understand how I can live in His peace with all that has happened in life. The answer is I live with the Holy Spirit as my Comforter. He intercedes for me and directs me. He knows what I need and provides. Woo hoo! This morning He reminded me of the words to a song Kari Jobe sings called I Am Not Alone.

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me
I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

God is with us no matter what we go through in life. All we have to do is accept Him and allow Him to have total control over us. Some people stop at salvation and are content. There is so much more for us past salvation. He wants to make every day of our life doable with His wisdom and strength. He wants to make every day of our life be filled with joy. That does not mean there will not be 'tough' days. It is through the 'tough days' our faith becomes greater. Jesus said in John 14:1, Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me (NLT). Woo hoo! There's that word again. Trust. That is all it takes to live as God so desires of us. Another song that comes to me this morning is My Heart Is Yours.

I give you my life
I give you my trust
Jesus
You are my God
You are enough
Jesus, Jesus

My heart is Yours
My heart is Yours
Take it all, take it all
My life in your hands
I lay down my life
I take up my cross
Jesus
You are my God
Whatever the cost
Jesus, whoa Jesus

Woo hoo! When we give Him everything, He works in and through us. The desire of His heart is for us to live in Him. He desires us to share His love with all we meet. We cannot do that if we are not surrendered totally to Him. 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Joshua and Tiffany taking the sound equipment to the church! Thank You for my online boot camp with Elaine and my grief group with Joyce! May You continue to bless these two ladies in abundance as they walk in obedience to You. Thank You for speaking over me as I wrote what You desire for Sunday's sermon! Thank You for friends who call/text me! Thank You for all the ways You loved on me yesterday through them! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a new, different way. Father, I am expecting great things today. I am expecting to see answers to prayers. Lord, continue to be with those on my prayer list. There are so many with physical, mental, emotional, and financial needs. I pray they will seek You for wisdom. Most of all I pray for those with spiritual needs to seek You. Lord, be greater than anything that comes our way today. Thank You for being My Comforter! Amen.


No comments: