Thursday, February 25, 2021

Psalm 97 - "Into The Sea"


The Lord took me to Psalm 97 this morning. Wow, God! Verse one starts off this chapter with excitement! God rules: there’s something to shout over! On the double, mainlands and islands—celebrate! We do not need to worry over the political world we are living in. We need to remember God is still in control. We need to praise Him for every breath He gives us on this earth. When we live in His presence on this earth, we will live in His presence for eternity. Woo hoo! That is exciting to ponder upon! We have the promise of His return in verse six. The heavens announce that he’ll set everything right, And everyone will see it happen—glorious! Not everyone will spend eternity with Him and that saddens my heart. There are many who refuse to follow Him and that saddens my heart. Every time I am able to share His love with someone and they accept it I am filled with joy. Verse six in The Passion Translation reads, Heaven’s messengers preach righteousness and people everywhere see His glory in the sky! Woo hoo! I love being one of Heaven's messengers! I shared last night with our Bible study group how excited I am to develop a sermon with what God gives me to share and then to preach it. It is so fulfilling for me to be a part of this process for Him. Matthew Henry writes of Psalm 97:

The faithful servants of God may well rejoice and be glad, because he is glorified; and whatever tends to his honour, is his people's pleasure. Care is taken for their safety. But something more is meant than their lives. The Lord will preserve the souls of his saints from sin, from apostacy, and despair, under their greatest trials. He will deliver them out of the hands of the wicked one, and preserve them safe to his heavenly kingdom. And those that rejoice in Christ Jesus, and in his exaltation, have fountains of joy prepared for them. Those that sow in tears, shall reap in joy. Gladness is sure to the upright in heart; the joy of the hypocrite is but for a moment. Sinners tremble, but saints rejoice at God's holiness. As he hates sin, yet freely loves the person of the repentant sinner who believes in Christ, he will make a final separation between the person he loves and the sin he hates, and sanctify his people wholly, body, soul, and spirit.

Those that sow in tears, shall reap in joy. Wow! This is where I am living today. I am living in a joyful spirit. I know there are many who do not understand this. I have been asked by many how I can be doing as well as I am after all I have been through. Psalm 97 is my answer. What a blessing for the Lord to give it to me this morning! Verses eleven and twelve read in The Passion TranslationFor he sows seeds of light within his lovers, and seeds of joy burst forth for the lovers of God! So be glad and continue to give him thanks, for God’s holiness is seen in everything he does. He has sowed seeds of light and joy in me. He has given me a spirit of joy and hope. I desire to live with Him 24/7 fulfilling His will. I know the more I live in this manner, the more I will experience Him to the fullest. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities yesterday to share Your love and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Psalm 97 that blesses me in abundance! Sometimes I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin with the joy You give me. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your love. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I continue to expect You to give answers to decisions I need to make. I continue to expect You to direct my feet to where You desire them to go and my words to what You desire me to say. Lord, thank You for being with so many people in my little world who need to experience You in a more intimate way. I pray for those who are hurting from the loss of a loved one. Mike and his family with the loss of his mother; Joy with the loss of her brother; Sarah and her family with the loss of her grandfather; and family and friends of Pastor Alan Harkey. I praise You for good reports from Kayla; David Kilgore; and Pastor Bill Watts. I pray for those who need to feel Your peace today. LaNora with today being her husband's birthday; Joyce Wolf; Elizabeth; Owen (Jodi) as he has a procedure; Ellen who has been diagnosed with COVID; and many others. Lord, may You be greater than the hurts of the hearts. Thank You for the reminder of this song that Paul shared with me right after Doc passed! Thank You for being My Ruler! Amen.

1 comment:

M&J Africa 2014 said...

Sheila, I have been blessed and challenged reading this today. I was praying your prayer with you. May the Lord bring many people across your path today you can share with. JoAnn