Friday, February 26, 2021

Ecclesiastes 3:9-15 - "Goodness of God"


I took this picture yesterday morning when I took Miss Lilly and Mr Grayson for a walk. It started me thinking about life. This picture shows a bud, a bloom just opening up, a flower in full bloom, and if you look close enough in the background there is a flower dying. We go through these phases in our physical body with birth, life, and death. We also go through these phases in our spiritual body. We are just a 'bud' until we accept Jesus into our heart. When we allow Him full control over every aspect of our life, we begin 'opening up' and realize 'full bloom' as we walk in His will. There will come a time when God will call us home and our earthly body will 'die' but in fact that is just the beginning of life for us. I was asked the other day why an alcoholic who has no desire to live is still alive yet Doc who was God's servant was taken. The answer is very simple. Doc was ready. This man is definitely not ready to leave this earth. If he were to leave today, the possibility of him going to hell is very great. I am not being judgmental but speaking the truth. God has called me to spread His love to all. He has called me to preach His Word and to proclaim the Good News. He has called me to live a life with Him 24/7 so I can not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. Plain and simple. He has called me. I need to get better at living as He desires. I know there are times when I fail Him and I am sorry for those times. I desire to bless Him in abundance through my life. I desire to make decisions based upon His desire for me. I have been praying for His direction for two situations for several weeks and am still waiting on Him. I cannot manipulate situations nor can I go before Him. I must wait on Him. I know He will provide the direction I need in His time. I continue to pray for the church building rehab and know it has to be in His time for final approval. Sometimes it is hard to wait but as I wait, my spiritual body is strengthened. Woo hoo! I know He is in control and loves me dearly. Yesterday was another day of being blessed. Spending time with the Lord and then with Miss Lilly and Mr Grayson was the perfect morning. The afternoon was spent finishing up Lysa's book as I soaked in natural Vitamin D at The Sands. Having a phone call with good news from my sister Linda and texts from my friends Mary and Jodi made me so happy. Working with the Lord as I continue to pull my sermon together for Sunday was such a special time. Talking and laughing with Rickey over the phone was just what I needed. Surpassing my daily steps was the icing on the cake to end the day! Another day filled with blessings encourages me greatly. He continues to remind me just how much He loves me and desires to bless me. Life for me is just like the life of a flower. First, I was a 'bud' and then began to 'open up.' I now am in the 'full bloom' stage but know there will come a time to 'die' and leave this earth. While here I will do my best to bloom beautifully where God puts me. Right now that is in Beaufort, SC. It is the most beautiful place I have ever lived. Sitting beside the water yesterday listening to the waves brought joy to my heart. I breathed in the sea air and was so blessed. I felt the sunshine on me and knew the Son was shining down on me. As I looked out over the water, I felt like I was getting a glimpse of heaven. Wow, God!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another day of blessing yesterday! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation! Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love! May today be filled with many more! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! Thank You for going before me today and being my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts! May people see/hear You instead of me. May they see Your love ooze out of me in a mighty way. I praise Your Holy Name for praises with my sister Linda; Mary; and Owen yesterday! I praise You for another day of soaking up more of You in Your creation! I praise You for whatever You put before me today! Lord, I continue to wait on answers for two situations and for the building rehab to be complete. In Your time, Father. I look forward to finishing up the sermon for Sunday as You direct my work. What a special time we have in this process! Woo hoo! I pray You will be very close to my friend Darrell MacLearn and his family today in the 'tough' days they are experiencing. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternity! Amen.

No comments: