Tuesday, February 9, 2021

James 1 - "Holy Water"


Before going to bed I asked God to forgive me for getting angry last night. I do not get angry often but sometimes it happens. One of the times I was up during the night we had another conversation about it. He assured me I needed to not worry about it. It was over. If I continued to dwell on the situation, I would end of sinning in the process. I strive to live out the words of James 1. For years I had verses two through four on a business card. It reads in the New International Version:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Being joyful is where I like to live no matter what is happening in my little world. Knowing God is with me gives me His peace. Living in such a manner is the best way to live. I strive to be Christ-like but sometimes fail. I think about how Jesus showed anger with the money changers in the temple. Anger is a human emotion that we all have. Anger in itself is not wrong but what we do in it can be. The only thing I did was voice my anger to some friends. I am not sure if that was wrong or not. It may have been because of it giving them a negative outlook about the people involved. It does not matter. I have confessed and asked God to forgive me. Today is a new day. When I interact with the people who brought my anger on, I will remember God loves them just as much as He loves me. I will remember to be joyful in my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. I will remember who I am in Christ. Plain and simple. I will remember. God took me to one verse this morning that blesses me in abundance. James 1:12. But the entire first chapter of James speaks to me. I need to remember the words of verses nineteen and twenty in The Passion Translation. Be quick to listen, but slow to speak. And be slow to become angry, for human anger is never a legitimate tool to promote God's righteous purpose. I need to have a sensitive spirit so I can absorb God's Word...for the Word of Life has power to continually deliver us (vs 21). I need to follow the direction of verse twenty-two. So always let His Word become like poetry written and fulfilled by your life. What an awesome word picture! I need to remember every day to live my life to the fullest for Him, in His will. As I live in this manner, He will fill me joy. The enemy will try to knock me down but he will not win. I am a Daughter of the Most High King who loves me greatly and will not allow me to succumb to the enemy.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for second chances! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You for going before my sister Linda who is in surgery and guiding the surgeons! Thank You for being with her on the long road ahead to recovery! Thank You for being with my friend Elizabeth in her new position and my friend Chrissy with all she is going through! Thank You for continuing to be with Mike and his family with the death of his Momma and with my friend Rick McCartney with his kidney function issues. Thank You for being Mark and Lisa's strength through these tough days. Lord, be greater than the hurts of our hearts. Be greater than the pains of our physical bodies. I pray for continued healing in my body and against the swelling and pain in my arm. May You be greater. Lord, go before me with this phone call I have to make and give me Your words and attitude. May my words be sweeter than honey. Thank You Jesus for being My Most High! Amen.

No comments: