Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Romans 12:1-2 - "O Come To The Altar"



I woke up to these words from "O Come To The Altar" this morning.....

O come to the altar
The Father's arms are open wide
Forgiveness was bought with
The precious blood of Jesus Christ

Even though I was raised in church it was not a church that utilized an altar. We went to revivals when I was growing up in churches that had altars so I was aware of them but just did not know the impact an altar can have on one's life. I had been in churches where people would go to the altar and get very emotional but still I did not understand their impact until experiencing it myself. In the Old Testament the altar was were sacrifices were made for people's sins. People would go with their animals and present a blood sacrifice. After Jesus died on the cross that was no longer necessary. He was the ultimate sacrifice for everyone's sins. I love the words in Romans 12 that Paul wrote about how we are to be 'living sacrifices.' That means we are to live a life of obedience to God daily. He set us apart for His purpose. This song is about how one needs to die to self. When we do this, we live out His will daily. Living in His presence is where we not only hear from God but walk in obedience to Him. There is no better place to live. I do not want Christ's death to go in vain. He died for me because of His great love for me. I need to die to self daily so I can proclaim Him to all I meet. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for walking in obedience to Your Heavenly Father so I have the same opportunity. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your love. May You be my words, attitude, and actions throughout this day. May I stay focused on You so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. Father, I pray You will be my wisdom as I work on my sermon. I pray for Your openness as to what You desire me to say. Father, thank You for way You continue to perform miracles in people's lives such as Lanier's situation. I continue to pray for Janet as she awaits test results and Lisa as she goes through radiation. I thank You for the miracles I have received at the altar in not only physical healing but also in spiritual healing. Thank You Jesus for being My Savior. Amen.







No comments: