Sunday, August 5, 2018

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "O Lord"


The words to 'O Lord need heard today by a pastor. Actually, they probably need heard by several pastors who are feeling alone.

Though times it seems
Like I'm coming undone
This walk can often feel lonely
No matter what until this race is won
I will stand my ground where hope can be found
I will stand my ground where hope can be found

Oh, O'Lord O'Lord I know You hear my cry
Your love is lifting me above all the lies
No matter what I face this I know in time
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right

There can be a loneliness in the life of a pastor that is unexplainable. They must keep a lot in as they counsel with people about issues when sometimes they have issues themselves that need counsel. Many times they feel alone because their spouse feels neglected and turns away from them. There can be a lot of emotional turmoil in the life of a pastor. They must stay close in their walk with the Lord so He can fill their tank up to overflowing. This can be difficult to do with the schedule that is kept but it has to happen to be effective in ministry. There must not only be time with the Lord but there also must be time for a pastor's family. My prayers over night were for pastors to understand how much they are at risk for the enemy to make their marriage fail, turn their children into prodigals, and rip their spiritual lives into pieces. The words "I will stand my ground where hope can be found" have great meaning in the life of a pastor. We must keep our focus on the Lord every day in order to fulfill the desires of His heart. He has called pastors to be leaders. Therefore, we must set the example of what it means to live a life for Christ. That includes walking the road of obedience as we live out a holy life. Too many people, including pastors, have allowed the world to have too much room in their life. People have become who they desire to please instead of God. Money has become too important that blinders to God's will have been put on. My heart breaks for pastors who are not living a life of obedience. It is not just because they are not living as God desires but they are pulling people down the wrong path. That saddens me. We, as pastors, have a great responsibility and we need to own up to that responsibility. We need to take our call seriously. We need to be in prayer seeking His will more than we ever have before so we are not sucked into the enemy's ways. He will dangle money before us to turn us away from God. He will use people to entice us with things of this world. We cannot succumb to the pressure but instead must "stand" our "ground where hope can be found." That is the only way to live. That is the only way to be who Christ has called us to be.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for the opportunity to pray for pastors. I am so grateful for this because I know there are many who pray for Doc and I. Father, cleanse us so You can not only fill us but also enable us to stand when the world tries to destroy us. Give us Your words, actions, and attitude throughout this day so people will see/hear You instead of us. May You be greater than our worldly flesh. May You be our encouragement as we deal with difficult people/circumstances. I pray for all pastors today to be living a life of obedience. I know of some who are dealing with issues in their marriage, with prodigals, and with sin in their lives. May all of them seek You for a time of healing in their circumstances. I pray for pastors who are dealing with health issues in themselves, spouse, or child. Once again, I pray they will seek You for encouragement. Lord, meet their needs in a way that is unexplainable other than it is You working in their lives. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.

No comments: