Sunday, August 19, 2018

Psalm 90 - "Better Is One Day"



Saturday nights are spent praying for pastors. Before going to bed I prayed for three pastors whose wives are going through medical issues along with one pastor who is dealing with a serious medical condition herself. As I prayed, the Lord reminded me to pray for all of them to lean on His strength. Sometimes pastors and spouses take on so much of other people's problems they tend to forget to take care of themselves. It is easy to put your own needs on the back burner when caring for people. Time constraints will make you forget to make a doctor appointment, eat right, exercise, etc. We must remember to take care of ourselves physically, mentally, emotionally, and most of all spiritually. The Lord woke me with the words to "Better is One Day" going through my mind...

How lovely is
Your dwelling place
Oh Lord Almighty,
For my soul longs
And even faints
For You
Oh, here my heart
Is satisfied (is satisfied)
Within Your presence
I see beneath
The shadow of
Your wings


His presence is the best place to live. It is where we find the blessing of healing in not only our physical body but in our spiritual being. When I woke at 1:30, my prayers immediately went to Debbie who was admitted to the hospital last night. I prayed for wisdom for doctors and strength for her and Mike. I asked God to comfort them during this time of the unknown.  I prayed His peace over His servants. After I prayed I sent a quick message and went back to sleep. When I woke, the Lord took me to Psalm 90. I read it through in different translations and was blessed in what I read. In the beginning of this Psalm, we read of how God has been with us from the beginning. He protects us when we do not even realize it. He is our refuge and dwelling place. But we need to live with Him daily and not just run to Him in times of trouble. We will go through times of physical issues but we must not allow them to stop us from living for God. Instead we need to go deeper in our faith and believe He will not only get us through such times but empower us to flourish in them. Daily we must pray for a cleansing in our spirit so the Holy Spirit can fill us to overflowing. It will be then that we can live in the manner He so desires of us as we walk the road of obedience. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors and spouses. Father, once again I pray for peace over Your servants. I pray for restoration in relationships and physical bodies. I pray for You to be greater than the heavy load they are carrying. Lord, be with Mike and Debbie as she was hospitalized last night. Give them Your strength and give the doctors Your wisdom. Lord, cleanse me and fill me with more of You. I pray a blessing over my sermon this morning. I pray there will be people who will gain Your insight on how to deal with 'storms' they are going through. Lord, may I be a vessel of Your love today in all I meet. Thank You Jesus for being My Dwelling Place. Amen.

No comments: