Monday, August 6, 2018

Psalm 119:105 - "Thy Word"


Today is not only the first day of people's normal work/school week but it is also the first day of a new class for me. That means a new professor which can mean a different way of doing things, new classmates, etc. With Christian Preaching II being a twelve week course it means instead of having to be online five days a week it is only three days a week. With the sermon preparation there is not the regular coursework but instead a concentration on the prep. When I finished Christian Preaching I with a 99.5% I felt confident in going into this class. As I read the professor's notes on the class that confidence is wavering. I also continue to question why God has me on this road to ordination when Doc is the 'preacher.' I am a pastor as I minister to people but how am I to preach in our situation? I'm grateful for the times I get to preach. I feel like God has called me to not just be a 'pastor' but to also be a 'preacher.' God continues to encourage me to complete my schoolwork as a step toward ordination. I remember in the beginning of the time when He directed me to go to school. I was then a Medical Chaplain and knew that is where He wanted me to be. When the season changed to be ordained as a pastor, I didn't understand yet I walked in obedience. Here I am just a few classes to being done and I still don't understand but continue to walk the road of obedience. Some people have questioned me as to why I am doing this. My answer is 'because God has called me to.' Many don't understand and I can't blame them because I don't fully understand but I know I will walk by faith and trust Him in the process. 

Yesterday as we sang "Thy Word" I thought about how the children have focused on Psalm 119:105 for the last few weeks. We have gone through the Old Testament and started in the New Testament teaching them stories from His Word. Tomorrow night our lesson in on the Beatitudes. "Blessed" has great meaning in these verses. I pray the Lord will guide our words as we teach His Word to them. The desire of my heart is for them to understand just how much He loves us and how living a life in His love is the way to live. I desire them to see me live out a life of faith as I trust Him in all I do. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the words of encouragement today about my schooling. Thank You for the way You will go before me in this class and give me exactly what I need. Father, I pray You will prepare the professor's heart to accept what You give me. I also pray for You to continue to remind me that You are really the Only One I need to please. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. Open up my eyes, mind, and heart to anything You want of me throughout this day. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Father, be with Doc as he has a long day of work and then board meeting tonight. I pray for physical strength for him today in a mighty way as he unloads a truck in this weather. Thank You Jesus for being My Lamp and My Light. Amen.

No comments: