Friday, August 10, 2018

Psalm 50:23 - "O Praise Him"


I woke up to these words of a song Crowder sings this morning...

Turn your ear
To heaven and hear
The noise inside
The sound of angels' awe
The sound of angels' songs
And all this for a King
We could join and sing
All to Christ the King

These words sadden me as I think of the people who don't hear Jesus voice. If one is not in relationship with Him, they can't hear Him. Even if one is in relationship with Him if there the relationship is compromised He can't be heard. This happens when we stray from Him or do not put work into our relationship. It is similar to that of a relationship with another person. If we do not spend time with them or communicate with them, we can't know what is happening in their life. Communication is key in all relationships. The song continues...

How constant, how divine
This song of ours will rise
O, how constant, how divine
This love of ours will rise
Will rise

The key to having a good relationship is consistency. I start my day every day talking with Him. That enables me to have days where I know He is in control of every aspect of my life. This knowledge gives me peace. It also empowers me to walk in His supernatural power. It gives me His boldness as I love on people. Some do not even want His love yet He goes before me and they accept it. David shares God's words in Psalm 50. Verse twenty-three tells us those who live a life with Him honor Him. I like that. To think that every day I am in relationship with Him honors Him thrills my heart. I think the same can be said for our relationships with our parents, spouse, children, etc. We can honor them by being in right relationship with them. Making time to build our relationship with another honors them. It makes them know we love them. I put a lot of time in my relationship with the Lord but I know there is always room to improve. The same can be said for my relationships with those I love.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture this morning that reminds of the importance of relationships. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that enables me to walk in Your supernatural empowerment. Father, I'm physically tired and as You already know a bit frustrated. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You instead of me today. I do not want to allow the frustrations of class to overshadow my thinking today. I want to be crisp in my thought process so I do not miss any opportunity You give me to love on others. I desire to be more like You today. Father, I pray for Your supernatural empowerment to be upon Doc today as he struggles physically. Yesterday You provided the miracle of the truck not coming and I thank You for that. I pray for another miracle for him today. Thank You for Carrie's successful surgery yesterday. Thank You in advance for the way You will work in and through Janet's health issues. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant! Amen.

No comments: