Saturday, August 25, 2018

Matthew 19 - "I Need A Miracle"


I was up multiple times during the night and each time these lyrics to "I Need A Miracle" were going through my head....

Well no matter who you are and no matter what you've done
There will come a time when you can't make it on your own
And in your hour of desperation
Know you're not the only one
Prayin', "Lord above, I need a miracle
I need a miracle"

I can think of a few people who need a miracle in their life. Ms. Paula needs a miracle in her physical life along with little Richie, Mike, Mel, and Brian. There are some I know who need a miracle in their financial situation. Some are because of unwise decisions they have made, some are because of lose of income, and others because of change of life circumstances. I also know some who need a miracle in their emotional life due to life circumstances. My prayers continue for the Neiderhiser/Edwards families with Kaleb's sudden death. So many hurting people. I pray God will grant miracles where it is in the best interest of the people. I pray most of all for people who need a miracle in their spiritual life. We cannot do life alone if we want to live the best way possible. We need to depend upon the Lord in such a way that life will be more manageable. I am praying for a miracle in my own life with some relationships. I pray God will open doors for better communication in these relationships. I also am praying for a miracle for a healing from the hurting in my back along with continuing to pray for a miracle with our church building. Webster's Dictionary describes a miracle as "an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs." Woo hoo! My God is still in the miracle making business. Things may not happen in the timing we desire but if they are part of God's plan they will happen. When Jesus was asked by the disciples who would be saved, His response showed how no one can be saved without Him. We cannot 'do' life without Him. If we do not live for Him on this earth, we will not live with Him for eternity. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for giving me exactly what I need. Thank You for the blessing we received yesterday with a lower electric bill in September. Lord, I pray for a cleansing of my soul so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I desire Your will for my life. May people see/hear You instead of me throughout this day. May You shine brightly through me. Lord, as I prepare for my sermon I ask for Your wisdom. Enable me to take the things I learned from the last sermon and put them into practice. Father, I'm praying for many who need a miracle in their life. Thank You for strengthening Debbie from her illness and providing a miracle with the mass being gone in Mike. Thank You for continuing to be with the Niederhiser/Edwards families. Thank You for being My Miracle Maker. Amen.


No comments: