Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Ephesians 3:14-21 - "Just Be Held"


I had a hard time going to sleep last night so I asked the Lord who I needed to pray for. The list was pretty extensive but then I fell asleep. He woke me again a few times to continue praying...1:14....4:11...5:00. When the clock went off at 7:15, I sure did not feel like getting up but I know He will provide me strength for the day ahead. When I got up, the words to a song Casting Crowns sings was going through my mind...

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your worlds not falling apart, its falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held



Yes! We do not have to go through anything on this earth alone. God is always there to hold us, encourage us, and most of all love on us. He is there in the darkest days to enable us to see the Light at the end of the tunnel. He is with us when we rejoice in victories. Sometimes we forget that He never leaves us and we do things on our own. We make decisions without asking Him or we fret when there is no reason to. It is then that He will gently remind us He is there for us. Last night I prayed for many with physical needs but most importantly I prayed for spiritual needs. Even when someone has strong faith there will still be times when they will stumble and need prayers for their spiritual needs. Paul showed us through a prayer in Ephesians 3 how important it is to pray for believer's spiritual needs. As I prayed for physical needs I also prayed for spiritual needs...
  • Adam and Rachel as they await the birth of their baby girl
  • Mel who is so very sick
  • Rebecca as she awaits the birth of Lillian
  • The wife, children, and friends of the pastor who suddenly passed away
  • Rebecca and Justin with the sudden death of little Kaleb
  • My Mom and family as Hospice has been called for my Great Uncle Harold
  • Charlie as he continues to miss Laura
  • Theresa as she continues to press on in a tough situation
  • A young couple who are separated; their young son; their families
  • An older couple who need a miracle in their marriage
  • Marlene as she recuperates from a life-changing surgery
  • Connie as she recuperates from major surgery
  • Ms. Nancy as she makes decisions for her health issues
  • Four females who recently exchanged vows
  • Ms. Paula as she gains strength and restoration of health
  • An elderly lady with dementia who needs the Lord in her heart
  • An elderly lady who is so lonely and wanting to go be with Jesus
  • Little Richie who continues his health battle and his family
  • An older lady getting married this weekend for the first time
  • An estranged family
  • Parents of prodigals
As I reflect back on my prayers, I am overwhelmed at the intensity of all the needs represented. I go back to Paul's prayer and realize the physical needs are minimal compared to the spiritual needs. I must remember the last words of his prayer.

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Praise His Holy Name! He is able to do more than we could ever imagine! With one word or action all of these people I prayed for could be changed. Situations not of Him would be gone. Bodies would be healed. Hearts would be filled with Him. Yes! My prayer is for people to be filled with the Holy Spirit so they will have faith and most importantly His love in them in a greater way than ever before..

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to have a night of prayer. Thank You for the strength You will give me today. Thank You for the reminder that spiritual needs are most important in our prayers. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your words, actions, and attitude to be mine today. I pray for people to see/hear You through me. Lord, go before me to my doctor's appointment and give Dr. Mansker Your wisdom. I continue to pray for a healing in my breast but I am beginning to wonder if You want to use me to show her Your love. If so, give me an open door today to pray with her. I also pray for wisdom with my back. Once again, I ask for a healing. Father, no matter what I am dealing with please do not let the aches and pains be a distraction for what You desire of me. I desire to "Just Be Held" and allow You to work in and through me. Thank You for being The One I Give Glory To. Amen,

No comments: