Thursday, August 2, 2018

Psalm 90 - "Point To You"


The Lord woke me up a few times in the middle of the night to pray for a family from my hometown, specifically the father and one daughter. I have no idea if the father is still alive but I'm assuming since God had me praying for him is his. My prayers were for comfort for him along with comfort for his one daughter. If I remember right, her husband is going through cancer issues but I'm not sure on that. It amazes me how God has me pray for people I'm not a part of their lives. When I was growing up, this family were followers of God. I'm assuming they still are but the song He gave me was "Point To You." It is about how God wants us no matter what. It does not matter what we've done in the past. The only thing that matters to God is that we love Him. There is a part of the song that goes...

I need a miracle
Some healing for my heart
I need a revelation
A brand new start
I want simplicity
Where I can rest
But I need a miracle to put my past to death

We are our toughest critics. It is hard to forgive ourselves but it isn't hard for God to do so. He loves us and not only forgives but He forgets. He wipes our slates clean. Sometimes the enemy will bring up our past but God does not. The enemy will try to use our past to tear us apart but God does not. God loves us enough to have His Son die on the cross for our sins. He does not hold our past actions against us but rather wipes our slate clean. I'm not sure how this song and the family the Lord had me pray for are connected but I know there is some connection because the Lord does not make mistakes. There is one in the family who needs to hear of God's forgiveness before it's too late. I pray there will be someone go before them today to make a difference in their life. May they remember the words David wrote in Psalm 90 about how God knows all we do, even our 'secret sins' yet He still will accept us as His children. He desires repentance and renewal in our relationship with Him. Matthew Henry writes of the last few verses of Psalm 90:

Instead of wasting our precious, fleeting days in pursuing fancies, which leave the possessors for ever poor, let us seek the forgiveness of sins, and an inheritance in heaven. Let us pray that the work of the Holy Spirit may appear in converting our hearts, and that the beauty of holiness may be seen in our conduct.

Yes! Forgiveness leads to eternal life. As we allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us, we will be blessed in abundance. He will direct every step we take on the path of obedience when we die to self. There is no better life on this earth than that of holiness. He rewards us through our obedience. Once again, I do not know why the Lord has brought this man and his family to my prayers but I do know there is one in the family who needs the reminder of what He has given me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You use me to pray for others. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You continue to be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Father, I praise You for the good news yesterday for one I've been praying for. May You use this good news in his physical body to make a difference in his spiritual body. I continue to pray for a healing in Doc with his issue. I also continue to pray for my sister as she continues with testing today. May You be continue to be her physical strength throughout these issues. Lord, I don't know what my day holds but I know You do. I pray for physical, mental, emotional and most of all spiritual strength throughout this day. May You be greater than me. Thank You Jesus for being My Miracle Maker. Amen.


No comments: