Thursday, August 30, 2018

Philippians 4:6-7 - "We All Bleed The Same"

What a night! Or maybe I should say it wasn't really a night. One is suppose to sleep when it's night but there was less than five hours so I don't consider that a night. That's more like a long nap! LOL! But the Lord must have thought it was all I needed because He woke up to pray. After praying my mind would not quit thinking about this next 'school' sermon. I just wish I were allowed to write and present a sermon the way I was use to. I said yesterday this professor is stretching me. I sure am having issues complying. You would think since I am not a seasoned preacher I would be able to adapt to a different way but maybe I am just too old to be doing this stuff. Nope...not gonna happen! The enemy is not going to pull me down. God has me on this path for a reason and even though I do not understand the big picture I do know I am right where He wants me. I just need to get better at what I am doing. Yesterday was one of 'those days' of just staying in bed until time for Bible study last night. After the accident Tuesday I ached all over and thankfully was able to just rest. A few times I tried to look at my school work but I just could not concentrate. I prayed for a lot of different people and situations, read a book, and rested. No TV and very little computer were a part of my day. I took care of calls with both insurance companies but that was about the extent of anything but rest. This day of rest gave my body just what it needed. By evening I felt better physically but I felt like I had lost a day. I think that is why I couldn't go back to sleep at 4AM after praying. I am feeling anxious over school work. I need to grasp onto Paul's words of Philippians 4:6-7...
It is so much easier to pray for others instead of myself but if I want His peace that is exactly what I need to do. I need to 'practice what I preach' and allow Him to give me such peace. I don't feel like I 'worry' but I do allow things to get to me sometimes. It seems like when I am feeling physically down the enemy knows that gives him a little crack in a door to get in. I just cannot allow that crack to happen. Therefore, I need to stay in constant communion with God. I need to be more in His Word and praying more. I was thinking this morning that I need to include myself in my prayers. Many times the Lord will prompt me to pray for myself and I push it aside. I feel like there are so many others who need prayer more than I do. But He has opened my eyes this morning to the fact that I need to pray for myself to stay where He desires me to be. When He woke me to pray for a dear friend who He also had me pray for before going to sleep last night, I was saddened because her health is failing but then He reminded me she is His child so I will see her again. As I was thinking about this, He reminded me to see her again I needed to stay on the road of righteousness. I must continue to live in His presence, doing His will to stay on that road. So here I am, Lord. Ready to continue doing Your will, going wherever You lead. I refuse to give into the enemy when he comes knocking at my door. To do this I am praying for myself...

  • direction for this sermon that does not seem to be coming together--if the enemy is the one who is causing issues, I pray he will be knocked down--if God is the one, I pray He will open me up to what He desires
  • physical healing...decisions about medical issues
  • financial wisdom...direction
  • emotional stamina...I miss my family
I don't understand how the song God woke me with goes along with what I am feeling this morning but it won't stop going through my head. It also was just on KLOVE. There is a reason He has it before me and maybe as the day continues that reason will be revealed.

We all bleed the same
We're more beautiful when we come together...
Let's stand united!
We all bleed the same
So tell me why, tell me why
We're divided
If we're gonna fight
Let's fight for each other
If we're gonna shout
Let love be the cry
We all bleed the same
Bleed the same
Let's stand united
Let's stand united!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for encouraging me in many ways. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me up with more of You. The desire of my heart is to walk in the path You have set before me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Father, You've heard my prayers not only for others but for myself. May You bless them all in abundance. I pray for physical needs of Deb, Buck, Debbie, and Ms. Paula. I am grateful each one of them are in a personal relationship with You. I also pray for some different families who are going through tough situations. May they seek You in these troubling times. Thank You for the birth of Miss Lillian to Rebecca and her family. I pray for this little one to know You in a personal way. I also pray for Adam and Rachel as they await the birth of their little girl. Lord, be so very real to them. Thank You Father for being My Peacemaker! Amen.

No comments: