Thursday, August 16, 2018

Psalm 64 - "Point To You"


This morning God took me to Psalm 64. This is a Psalm of deliverance. In verse one, the Psalmist uses the phrase of "in my prayer" whereas, it is described as a complaint, a whine or a whimper in other versions. Is that what I do when I pray for deliverance from the junk of this world? Do I whine to God? Are my prayers complaints to Him? Sometimes it gets so hard to deal with 'junk' when I know life could be different for people who pour on the 'junk' if they would only walk with the Lord. Some people have a goal in life to destroy others by their words and/or actions. Sometimes people will speak death over people to tear them down. Sometimes it will be gossip spoken that may or may not be true. Sometimes the words spoken will be done behind another's back and sometimes to their face. The only hope we have for getting through such times is the Lord. Verses seven through ten show God is the only answer for dealing with such people. Verse ten shows deliverance comes only to those who live a life for Him. We must trust God to not only get us through tough times with people but to show us how we can show them His love. As we do, we need to pray for them to have their hearts opened to Him.

The song "Point To You" was in my heart this morning. As I was singing it, these lyrics became my prayer for those who need to allow the Lord to become their King of Kings...

People say that I've lost myself
I'll say I'm found in You
I know You want my heart
My bruises and my scars
I'm coming as I am
The only way I can
I can't forget from where I've come
And what my heart's been rescued from
Yeah when they ask me who
I owe my whole life to
I point to You
I point to You

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the words of Psalm 64. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that enables me to walk in Your path. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You ooze out of me so people will see/hear You instead of me today. Father, I am praying for some who are dealing with people that are plain out nasty to them. I pray for these dear ones to stand strong in their faith. I also am praying for the ones shelling out this nastiness to be transformed in their spiritual lives. May You be greater than the enemy in these situations. May Your strength take over when the human strength is gone...no, may Your strength be there from the beginning of their day today. May they lean upon You instead of themselves. Thank You Jesus for being My Deliverer. Amen.


No comments: